Peavey DPC 1400 x or Stewart World 1,2 Power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j.s.basuki, Sep 30, 2002.

1. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    I need to buy either of those amps, which one is better ?
    Could you help me with the dealers name?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

that's a toughie. both are as transparent as can be, and weight virtually the same, but seem to have their own special place in my gigging needs.

the Peavey seems to gimme better piece of mind for the louder gigs i do. it also has 200 more watts than the stew, if that means anything. and it has extra "thru" outputs to drive another power amp or amp if you need to. the Stewart doesnt. but the fan can be really annoying when i'm home by myself. i couldnt tell the hiss of my tweeter cause of the fan. a bit annoying.

the stewart is great for my small gig uses, where i know i'm not pushing it that hard, and like having that extra headroom for kicks. no fan to get in the way, too so at home and recording, its a joy to use. still, there's no fan, so, on a loud gig, i'd be nervous pushing it. sure you could put a fan on the outer heatsinks, but that's just silly and clunky looking to me.

both are great, and have their place. funny, but the PV was actually more expensive of the two, cause its not as widespread as the Stewart is. i actually had to special order mine from Medley Music. but i'm sure any music store from here to kingdom come could get one for you. i got my Stew from BNW, but there was a link to a store where you could get them very cheap. daggit, forget the link, tho. sorry.