Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey DPC 1400X

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Has anybody tried one of these things. I've been looking for a single rack space amp with big power that will bridge into 4 ohms. I've looked at Stewart but the single rack units arn't fan cooled which scares me. This PV IS fan cooled but the price is $1100 ( and that's as cheap as I can find ) What do you folks know about them?:confused:

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    love mine, and the fan does provide for lots of mental insurance. tonally, it feels just as crisp and transparent as any other great power amp. compared to my Stewart 1.2, there's a slight loss of high end, but had i not listened to the Stew, i honestly wouldnt be able to tell, nor would i care. its a great power amp.

also, the "thru" outputs on the back are great for daisy chaining another power amp to it for even more power options. something my stewart doesnt have.

i also did alot of haggling and shopping to get mine. when i first started searching for one last March, the price was a hefty $899, and was able to knock it down to around $575. do your homework, and work on your negotiation skills, and i'm sure you'll pull it off.

3. Where did you find one for $575?

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sheesh, sooo long ago...

i think it was Medley Music in bryn mawr, pa. i frequent the shop often and Keith helped me. it looked fine, but it was a floor model for all the preamps they demo, and i worked the angle pretty aggressively. just call me bulldog. ;) but i also bought my EA iAMP350 at the same time, so it was sorta a package deal. i might not have gotten such a good deal on the EA, but the Peavey just seemed to cool to pass up at the time.

but to be honest, i dont think he works there anymore... hopefully, not cause of the crazy deals, he's given me!

5. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Hey Greybeard. I have the older version of this amp, the DPC 1000. I think it does a great job with my Alembic F1-X. I noticed a used, but VERY clean, 1400 at a local music store. Their number is 410-747-1900. Call and ask for Lou. I think they are asking too much $$ for it, but maybe Lou can work a deal for you. Adrian