Peavey DPC 1400x

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Classic5, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Hi TBers,

Just wondering whether anyone could suggest a good place in the USA to buy a peavey DPC 1400x power amp. Best price and all that jazz.

I was initially hoping to get a Stewart 1.2 but they don't make 240v versions any more and the potential thermal overload issues at higher volumes worry me. The DPC 1400x on the other hand sounds like a great alternative. I'm tired or dragging my boat anchor BSS amp around and desperately need a powerfull light amp.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :)
  2. Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I looked into a Peavey DPC 1400 and I would have gotten it, but I decided to scale down and bought a BAM 210.

Having said that, about the only place you'll find any Peavey gear is at an authorized Peavey dealer. Though you can order direct from Peavey online.
  3. Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks Sundogue,

I had a look at the Peavey web site a few days ago but didn't think you could order online. I'll have another look. The recomended retail on the DPC 1400x seems quite high - around US$1400 I think.

Do you know of any places where I could get a better deal?

4. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    American Musical just started selling Peavey gear in the latest catalog. I don't think they have the gear online though.

Someone else pointed out this site that sells Peavey Gear:

The local dealers here have lower prices than the above website.

You may also be able to find older used versions of the amp at (such as dpc 750 or dpc 1000):
  5. Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks redneck2wild. There's some pretty good websites there which I wasn't previously aware of.
    Some great prices too.:)