Peavey DynaBass parts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ldervish, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Dig that broken DynaBass out of the closet and get it going again. You'll be glad you did.

I have several hard-to-find original parts for the iconic Dyna Bass, some 4-string and some 5-string. Can put together a package or "semi-loaded" body for a better price. Contact if you need pictures or more information (sorry for low-res pics!). Shipping included to US, hard case in picture Not Included.

NECK: *** SOLD *** Original dynabass 4-string neck w/tuners & stringtree; nice and straight, white w/subtle metalflake, gold lettering on headstock, nice rosewood fretboard w/light fret wear, good truss rod but no access cover, 34" scale, thin and fast 1.5" at nut, 2 3/8" at heel. INCLUDES original premium gold-finish tuners that operate smoothly but the finish is sketchy. INCLUDES gold-finish string tree. Overall good condition except there are several dings on the back of the neck which have been filled and smoothed. A little more work and some paint would make it really good.. Serial number dates it as from a 1991 bass but SFAIK it should fit earlier/later ones as well. $125

BODY: Original dynabass 5-string body, white w/subtle metalflake, neck pocket is 2.5" wide and has micro-tilt adjustment, accepts standard super-ferrite pickup. Cavity has foil shielding added but it's not great. No cavity cover, no strap buttons, no output jack. Date unknown. Overall very good condition with just a few marks or dings, and 2 extra holes at the bridge location (hidden when bridge is mounted). Allen key for micro-tilt included. $65

BRIDGE: ***SOLD*** Original dynabass 4-string high-mass Schaller bridge (made in Germany), gold finish is sketchy. Adjusts string height & intonation, has roller saddles to set string spacing. Mounting screws included. All adjustments work; non-original allen key is included. $25

NECK PLATE: Original dynabass neck plate and 4 screws, black, good condition. Has hole for micro-tilt adjustment. $10

OUTPUT JACK: Original dynabass output jack in good condition. Tested and it works. $15

SUPER-FERRITE PICKUPS: ***SOLD*** Original pair of famous Super-Ferrite pickups, both work well and sound unbelievable. Top covers of both show string marks and other abrasions. Mounting rings, springs and all screws included. Overall (including mounting ring) 1 11/16" x 4 3/8". $50 pair

Attached Files:

2. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Bridge is sold

3. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Does the neckplate say Peavey on it?

4. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    I have 2 of them (only selling one) and both are black and blank.

5. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Pickups are gone to VA.

I'll do the body with neckplate and output jack for $85 shipped U.S.

6. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    TTT

7. How much for just the machine heads, if you're willing to sell the neck separately?

8. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    SFAIK the tuners have never been off this neck and at this point I'm not sure I want to separate them.

Send me a pm and tell me what you're thinking.

9. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Thanks for all the interest.

The NECK w/tuners has been SOLD.

BODY & associated parts is still available.

10. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Thread closed.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.