Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zachass, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Zachass

Zachass Peavey Partizan

I've been playing a Milestone IV since I started playing bass. I think it's about time for a new bass, but I'm fairly low on funds. I have loved the peaveys I have played so I'm looking for a used US peavey. I have heard great things about the Milleniums, and I know plenty about them, but I'm also interested in the others, like the Forums, Forum AXs, Dyna-Bass, TL's, and Foundations. Its pretty hard to find these basses to demo, so just tell me anything you know about the differences between these basses, what they sound like, and how their slap tone is. Much thanks.

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I can't tell you much about most of them but I do think the Millennium AC BXP is an excellent value for the $$. I used to play a Foundation many many moons ago and it was a real kick a$$ bass for the money. Back then I was strictly a finger style player so I can't offer much advice on the slap tone. It was fat and sounded huge. Personally I would go with the Millennium, but that is just me.

3. Seems like alot of people are becoming aware of what fantastic deals can be had on old U.S. Peaveys these days. I hope I can score a couple more before prices start going up!!! I got an Axcellerator off ebay with the idea I would use it as a doner bass for a project I had in mind. So far I just can't bring myself to do it, it plays too nice The next one I go for will be something like this one[​IMG] I want a nice American made P bass but don't want to spend alot.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I just got a Millenium Standard with a P-J configuration for the same reason. Killer P-bass tone, fantastic playability, looks great, very well constructed. It's the third Peavey bass I bought new; at the moment I own two.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Your post is too vague to answer. I've owned three Peavey basses, currently own two (I sold my Dyna-Bass 5 because it was too modern for me). They are great. The reviews at Harmony Central and searches here are both your friends. Or if you find a particular model you like for a good price on ebay or at a pawn shop or something, ask about it.

6. Zachass

Zachass Peavey Partizan

I'm basically looking for information as to the differences between these basses, a general overview of sorts. The Harmony Cental reviews are pretty vague on this sort of thing, the only thing they have in common are the universal high esteem these basses are held in by the reviewers.