1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey experts can you help ID this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoff_in_nc, Jul 31, 2012.

1. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I've found this on the local Craigslist, and am interested in it, but can't figure out what model it is: Possibly Koa body? looks like a bolt on neck, 24 frets, dot markers, VFL pickups, but passive (I'm fairly sure) electronics. What I call a stairstep headstock, with not much to ID it. It comes with the case in the pics (taken from the CL ad) below. Its a molded hardshell with the angular peavey logo molded in. Looks like it wasn't originally for this bass, but it seems to fit OK.

I've asked the seller some questions about what it is, but haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone have any thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Rudy Sarzo bass, pretty sure. These are nice instruments I almost bought one.

3. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    That's a RSB.. The koa version of the Rudy Sarzo signature.

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
  5. metlman72

metlman72

Jun 29, 2011
    Long Island NY
    That is a fine looking bass. If the price is right I'd jump on that if I were you. The more I see the Sarzo, more I want one.

6. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    +1

I have an RSB. It's the budget version of the Sarzo Signature bass. It's a good looking, great playing, decent sounding, well made bolt-on koa body bass.

7. jjk2007

jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA Bass Systems
    I bought one of those new when they first came out. It was a great player and I remember the action was incredible. I think I moved it so I could get one of my TL-Fives back in the day.

8. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Yes, it's got a really good price considering the hard case comes with it. If the guy emails me back (he didn't leave a number in his ad) I'll probably pick it up. I'm really more of a 5 string player, so I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but if I do sell it, I think I can make enough to take my boys out to Wendy's or something :D :hyper:

9. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    If you don't use the G string that much you may want to consider stringing it BEAD.

mech

10. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    If I don't use a G-string does that qualify me as "going commando"? LOL