1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Family Photos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StuartV, Nov 25, 2010.

1. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    The herd is about to start shrinking instead of growing, so I figured it was time to take a picture or two of my current herd of Peaveys.

IMG_1080.

That is (L to R):

G-Bass, G-V, Millennium Plus 5, TL-Five, Cirrus 5, Cirrus 6, BAM210 combo, Pro410 cab. All the basses except the TL-Five have the Millennium preamp installed.

Just the basses:
    IMG_1086.

*sigh* Brings a tear (of pride) to my eye. ;) :D

2. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    Nice 'herd'. I have a G-V and a Cirrus 5, myself. I hope to acquire a Cirrus 6, someday. How do you like the BAM combo?

3. Alucard817

Alucard817

May 18, 2010
    Tampa,Fla
    Those things are just ugly as hell.
    You should send them to me for safe keeping.

Dont forget the cab and combo.

4. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    The BAM is a great unit! It's amazing all the stuff that it does. Onboard compressor, modeling for 8 different amps and 8 different cabs. Numerous different effects. Built-in tuner. XLR DI out. 350W by itself. 500W with a 4 ohm extension cab. Oh, and it sounds good, too!

That said, I have a buyer for it and the cab and it should be going to a new home in the next few days. As great as it is, my SVT and Aguilar cabs are heavier and bulkier and have less features, but there's just something about the tube amp sound.... And my Promethean 1x10 combo handles practice and backup gig duties.

5. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Thank you so much for that very kind offer! I'll get right on that. But, I'm kind of cash poor at the moment, so if you can, send me about $6000, to cover uhh shipping and handling, I'll get them right on their way. The cab and combo are awfully heavy. :D

6. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    I think you need a Rudy Sarzo signature model to complete your VERY NICE collection. :D

7. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I've thought about getting a Rudy. But, I believe they only they made those as a 4-string and I'm just really not interested in getting another 4-string. I have my G-Bass and a Fender P and I really don't play either one. I pretty much only play 5 or 6. If I ever do have a need for a 4-string, I figure the P or the G will handle it.

What I REALLY want is a B Quad 5 to complete my collection. I've got a B Quad 4 coming shortly that I'm borrowing to try out. If I really like it, I'll buy it. In that case, DEFINITELY no more 4-strings. But the only thing I really, really want at this point is a magenta (i.e. red) B Quad 5 (fretted).

I'm actually going to have the Cirrus 5 and the TL5 for sale pretty soon, I think. And if I ever find a magenta B Quad 5, I'll probably also put the G-V on the block.

At this point, the only absolute keepers of the group are the G-Bass, the Mill 5, and the Cirrus 6. With those to cover my bases (pun intended), and my other non-Peavey basses, I'm feeling like unhoarding a bit.

8. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    That makes me miss my G-V and wish i could have found one with that finish. If i decide to buy another peavey that would be the one (or maybe a B-Quad 5). I have a feeling the bass im having built right now will put my GAS to a rest for a while or at least slow it down.

9. DSC00705.

Here was my ode to insanity. Sold the Mil 5 Plus and 4J, but still have the rest. Might part with a 5er or two in persuit of a nice 6er.

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I sure like that tiger eye millennium 5 stuart!

11. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    "4J" ? Is that a Mill 4 with Jazz pickups? The red one laying across the couch in the back of the picture?

I got my Cirrus 6 a few weeks ago and it seems to do everything my Cirrus 5 does, and I like the red better than the natural. So, I don't see a reason to keep them both. Thus, the 5 will go. The Mill 5 has a different shaped neck and a bit different sound. It's a good complement to the Cirrus sound and feel. Thus, my plan to keep the Mill 5 and Cirrus 6, even if I sell off everything else.

12. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Thanks, cb! That one has quickly become tied with my MPG Level 5 for number one in the stable. I put some DR Longneck (taper core stainless) strings on it yesterday, per MNAirhead's recommendation and I really like it.

When I got the Mill, I didn't really think of the bridge pickup as being an MM-type pickup. But, after playing it, I have realized that it exactly what it is! It definitely has a cool tone to it.

13. Yup. It was an alright bass, but it was backup for my 4 Plus BN and I was no longer in an active band, so it didn't make much sense to have backup for a bass when I'm no longer playing out. :meh:

Half tempted to sell my fretless 5 since my Conklin is very close tonally, too.

14. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    What??? No Axcelerator???

15. Joospocks

Joospocks

Jul 1, 2010
    :D You should sell it to me. I keep telling myself that if I could get a fretless cirrus 5 as a counterpart to my fretted cirrus 5, I'd sell my other basses. :p

16. Not sure when, but it will eventually be for sale. Wifey is putting a clamp down on the size of my collection. At the moment, if one comes in, one will go out. Sure, I could sell stuff now, but she'd want to keep my collection that size! :crying:

17. Joospocks

Joospocks

Jul 1, 2010
    Ahhh I gotcha. I probably wouldn't want to buy unless I was selling my P-bass and maybe some other stuff around the same time. I can hardly justify having more money tied up in gear (given that I don't even play bass in a band right now). :p

18. I can justify it, I just have to ask permission. Too bad the answer is "NO!" :(

19. If you ever want to sell that GV, let me know.

lowsound

20. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Okay. Don't hold your breath. ;) I gigged it last month. I really like the way it looks on stage. And the way it sounds with the Mill preamp in it!