1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Firebass 700 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by njones89, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. njones89

njones89

Mar 27, 2015
    Sioux Falls
    Should I buy this for $125? Is that a good deal for one in great condition?

kpc likes this.
  2. kpc

kpc

Apr 6, 2011
    I would. Sounds like a good deal.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    As long as it works properly that is a good deal for an under rated head

fourteenstrings likes this.
  4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I think so. I used one in a backline through a 4X10 one night in Chicago - was impressed. No PA support, moderately loud band. No problem keeping up, plenty of reserve, heard every note.

njones89 likes this.
  5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Yes.

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    For that price and condition I'd buy it too.

TD

7. njones89

njones89

Mar 27, 2015
    Sioux Falls
    Thanks all for the input. Seems like a good deal to me, too. I can't find much information on it... just old reverb postings for ~$350 in worse condition. I think anything will be better than my acoustic b200h (though I got that for $60).

8. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
  9. njones89

njones89

Mar 27, 2015
    Sioux Falls
    I bought it. Output seems kinda low for 700w, at least for Active. It may be dirty pots too. He said it's been sitting for a while. Any tips on repair?

10. It does 700 watts at 2 ohms, 475 watts at 4 ohms and 275 watts at 8 ohms. What cab are you using?

11. njones89

njones89

Mar 27, 2015
    Sioux Falls
    I used his cab, so I didn't even think about that actually. It was an 810 ampeg fridge, I believe

12. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    Considering that they are going for $350 in similar condition, it looks like a good deal to me.

13. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Get a spray can of deoxit d5, get the cover off after it sat for ten minutes or so unplugged, spray the shortest squirt of deoxit into the pot and turn it all the way both directions about 10 to 20 times. Less is more and you don't want the spray to get on things outside the pot. There's usually an opening at the back of the pot where a bit of circuit board sticks out for the wires; best place to spray in most cases. Do not get the spray all over the circuit board. You can cover the board with aluminum foil if that helps (of course with power off and remove that before covers on/power up). Let it "dry" for a while with the cover off, get the cover on before powering up to test. The Deoxit helps keep future corrosion away, but you might need to repeat a year later of some of the controls get scratchy sounding. I wouldn't do this if the pots are not scratchy.