1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PEAVEY FIREBASS 700 ! the best ss bass amp !

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mb94952, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

I have a true classic, but now it's time to let it go to another fellow Peavey super freak.

I have a redface Peavey Firebass 700. It is in perfect working condition. It has minimal road wear, but that's immaterial.

700w @ 2 ohms - Yes, you could use TWO 810's with this amp and really make your neighbors hate you. I think it's about 475w @ 4 ohms and 275w @ 8.

Either way, I've never, ever had to turn it up past 4 at any show or rehearsal with an 8 ohm cab. This baby is LOUD and heavy. A big transformer gives it it's weight, but also gives it it's unmistakable tone.

This amp is a soundman's dream. Everything is on the front ! It's easy to navigate and easy to use.

As far as tone ? It's SOOoo versatile. Go from super transparent, to SWR to Ampeg SVT tone (as close as solid state will allow). The "contour" knob ads an overall tone which also seems to add a tube warmth.

This is just a great amp....

Here is harmony central - http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Peavey/Firebass+700/10/2

$250 plus actual shipping or local SF BAY AREA pickup

Mike

PeaveyFirebass700006.
    PeaveyFirebass700002.
    PeaveyFirebass700003.
    PeaveyFirebass700004.
    PeaveyFirebass700005.
    PeaveyFirebass700007.
    PeaveyFirebass700008.
    PeaveyFirebass700009.
    PeaveyFirebass700013.
    PeaveyFirebass700015.

2. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Drool. The Firebass, in my opinion, was one of the best bass amps Peavey's ever made, and if I weren't already up to my neck in amps and watts, along with another amp and another preamp on order, neither of which I actually need, we'd have done a deal by now and that thing would be on a plane out to the east coast. Anyone who's looking for loud, clean, and reliable would be an utter fool not to jump on this like a chicken on a june bug.

3. very seriously thinking about this, I had one years ago and I miss it dearly.

4. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bolt Thrower Bass Player Bump

5. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    PM!

6. mb94952

Hi Sonny ! How's the G&L ? What's a bolt thrower ? Is that good or bad ?

7. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Free bump for the amp Norwood Fisher (Fishbone) plays onstage. Woo-hoo!

8. Kerusso

Kerusso

Oct 19, 2010
    PM Sent sir!

9. Man if I could go back 10 years when I had spent over $2000 on a gigable rock rig and see the forums today I would pick up this Firebass for $250 and the Ampeg 610 for $375ish (or whatever it is in the forums) and be in pure rock and roll heaven.

10. mb94952

Due to the overwhelming number (more than 3) of people committing to buying then backing out, I have decided to keep this amp for now.

It is a sign...

This amp is SWEET ! :smug:

I may decide to sell it again someday but for now it's just not worth the trouble.

11. mb94952

This amp is on consignment at the old ZONE MUSIC in Cotati, CA. It's now called LOUD and CLEAR MUSIC.

12. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Man, I've seen more good, affordable workhorse heads now, when its about a month before I get my Christmas bonus.

If I could just get the darned 5 string sold!

13. mb94952

Timing is everything. Sorry to say this amp sold yesterday locally... Thanks for the interest though ! Hopefully your bonus will find another deal !
    - Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.