Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey firebass 700

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by a e i o u, Nov 12, 2003.

1. what are your views on peavey / this amp

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Peavey FireBass 700 is powerful, reliable, goodsounding workhorse amp!

3. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I had the Nitrobass (450 watt version of the Firebass)for about two years. Absolutly bullet-proof. Built like a tank and will never let you down. Very comfortable at 2 Ohms (Sounds better when fully loaded as well). Hard to say anything bad about it. It served me well.

4. I've got a Nitrobass now. It's a pretty damn good amp. Peavey is great in that the wattage that they rate their amps at is totally accurate. The Firebass is a very versatile and very loud amp with tons of balls. The tone is pretty neutral, kind of GK or Hartke-ish. What you get out of it is whatever you put into it. It doesn't have a naturally dirty tone like Ampeg does, and it's not quite as hi-fi as say, SWR, but for the price.. it's damn good. It's also built to survive a nuclear war, with that rack case it comes packaged in.

5. very good amp - highly recommended. I just replaced an SVT-4PRO with the Max 700 (Firebass with new cosmetics). I haven't looked back yet!