Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Firebass 700

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoshB, Feb 15, 2005.

1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

How much do you guys think I could get for that head? (say on Ebay??) Do I really need that much power?

Also, I REALLY don't like Peavey stuff...should I keep that opinion? Give me some thoughts guys...I'm at the end of my rope!!!

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    If you hate it why keep it? No point in holding onto gear you don't like... what about it do you not like? I've got a BAM that I love to death, but that's me. Also, what we think about your gear means squat bro, all that should matter is your opinion. Some people think my Warwick is a total POS, I happen to love it. Do you think I care what some character who's never touched my bass thinks about her? Nope.

3. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

The only reason I'm keeping it for the time being is because I need a head (I play out 3-4 nights a week) and the cash flow is rather short you know? I simply cannot be without a head for a week or two while trying to gather cash.

Frankly, I don't care much what y'all think, I'm just trying to gather some opinions to see what others think of it. (Sorry if that sounds harsh...it's not meant that way...) As for the Warwick...I have a fretless corvette and frequently get crap for it...until I plug it in and play a bit...you gotta love the look on people's faces when they are forced to close their mouth and swallow their words.

Also, good to see a fellow Illinoisian!! Thanks for the comment...

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Anytime man, just trying to help you out. I'd just say save your money until you find a head you really like then make it happen and throw the Firebass on eBay, a lot of people do like that head. Good luck man.

5. I played thru Peavey gear for years, the first rig I ever owned was a Mark VI with an 1820 cab later I traded that head towards a Pro Bass 1000 Preamp and M3000 power amp (we're talkin the 80's.). Peavey has made some great bass amps and cabs and in the scene I played in
    back then plenty of people were using Peavey gear.

I recently saw a used Firebass listed @ a local chains website and thought it'd be a good back up for my SVT, it certainly has enough power. Don't worry what anyone else thinks. If you don't like it, get rid of it. If you do like it, hang on to it.

6. Firebasses are great. One of the best heads for the money. You can get them on ebay for between 2 and 300 plus shipping. I used one with a 410 and a 15 cab, knocked my socks off. Great value and a real workhorse if you need something reliable, I never had any problems with mine.

7. I also just realized that you don't like them and I misread the post. But still between 2 and 300. I'd consider it as a backup to my ampeg but recording is expensive.