Peavey FireBass 700

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    What do you guys think of the Peavey FireBass 700.
    I like it. Just wanted to see what others thought.
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I like it too! :)
  3. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    I got a Firebass a few months ago. I got it to replace my SWR WM 300 head, which had the nasty habit of overheating in the middle of a set.

The first gig I used the Firebass, it too overheated. I discovered that you can't really turn it up too loud past 5, and since then it has been very reliable.

I like my Firebass a lot. It's loud,clean and cheap, with a 5 year warranty. I got mine for around $420, and it was well worth it. All I need now is another 4 ohm cab to get the full power of the beast. I'm using the Firebass with a Genz-Benz 2-12 xb 4 ohm cab, and I can get some volume out of that combination. It is plenty loud enough for the moment.
  4. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Wow it overheated???? Thats strange. because one time I had mine with the post at 10, and the pre at 9, and I played for about 2 hours ,no problem. It was clipping alot, but it kept working.

(I did that, because the XRL cable i was going to use that night stopped working, so I wasn't able to run through the PA.)

an I almost always run my post at about 7 and pre at about 4 or 5, even through a PA.
  5. ButCirrusly

Dec 11, 2000
    I purchased my Firebass about a month ago! Love it to death! I've got it setting on top of 2 peavey tvx 4x10's and never had it overheat! Keep Jammin'