Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Firebass II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, May 4, 2002.

1. Just wondering what y'all think of the Peavey Firebass. Coz I've just ordered one and not played it yet.

Cheers,

L

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  3. U won't be disappointed. I run mine through a Crate 2x15, and a MAJ 2x10 with high pass filter. I recently purchased an Ashdown MAG 200 4x10 combo, and raved about it as soon as i got it home, but the first time i used it at a gig i found it was massively under powered for the set up that we have. The firebass set up is by far superior in sound projection. u will need to run it at 2 ohm's to get the max power, but i find that just using the 4 ohm Crate gives me all the output i need, the 2x10 improves the higher frequences.

4. JaggedB

JaggedB

Jan 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I can't complain about mine either. I run it with a 2X10 and a 1X15 and it is definitely loud enough. Peavey gets rapped about its tone a bit, but I added an SABDDI and WOW is all I can say. I don't see a need for a new rig anytime soon.

5. Absoulutly love mine, run it through the peavey 410 tvx cab. Want to get the 115 cab, but really cant justify it, but I still want it. I dont think you will be dissapointed.
    eddie

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own one. Used it with an SABDDI and a Peavey 810tx cabinet.

Very nice amp. Seemed to have ample power, and sounded very good. You should be happy with it.:)