Peavey Firebass II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, May 4, 2002.

1. Just wondering what y'all think of the Peavey Firebass. Coz I've just ordered one and not played it yet.

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  3. U won't be disappointed. I run mine through a Crate 2x15, and a MAJ 2x10 with high pass filter. I recently purchased an Ashdown MAG 200 4x10 combo, and raved about it as soon as i got it home, but the first time i used it at a gig i found it was massively under powered for the set up that we have. The firebass set up is by far superior in sound projection. u will need to run it at 2 ohm's to get the max power, but i find that just using the 4 ohm Crate gives me all the output i need, the 2x10 improves the higher frequences.
  4. JaggedB

Jan 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I can't complain about mine either. I run it with a 2X10 and a 1X15 and it is definitely loud enough. Peavey gets rapped about its tone a bit, but I added an SABDDI and WOW is all I can say. I don't see a need for a new rig anytime soon.
  5. Absoulutly love mine, run it through the peavey 410 tvx cab. Want to get the 115 cab, but really cant justify it, but I still want it. I dont think you will be dissapointed.
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own one. Used it with an SABDDI and a Peavey 810tx cabinet.

Very nice amp. Seemed to have ample power, and sounded very good. You should be happy with it.:)