1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

peavey firebass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassking511, Apr 16, 2006.

1. im buyin a 2x15 carvin cab ( not sure of model, ohm, watts, etc but findin out from seller soon) and i was looking at a Peavey Firebass 700. from what i rea they may be a few years old but are reliamble and have had ann average ratings of 9 in about every website i have checked and i reffered to as a "tank" is it any good really?

2. thrashermatt

thrashermatt

Jan 26, 2006
    western mass
    yes... i have the nitrobass, which is the same basically i believe but less powerful... They rule

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah, the Firebass is a nice head that will work well for you... I use a Mark VIII that is a little older, and not quite as powerful, and it does the job easily - and that's competing with a full stack Marshall... For someone on a budget, used Peavey gear is the way to go, IMO...

- georgestrings

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The firebass 700 is a good amp head it has adecent sound and is relatively adjustable. It is not HiFi or Old School sounding but can get reasonably close to either. It is the same amp as the Peavey Max 700. And you can run 2 4 ohm cabs with it with no problems. YMMV