1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Foundation and Fury Lovin'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stevem627, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Just purchased a mint 89 Foundation (only a few nicks and virtually like new) and a Fury (no idea on info yet). I love Peavey USA basses and really appeciate the neck tilt adjustments. You can really set up a bass very well using this. I have played several Fender USA basses and they are absolutely no better than these are. The Fury has a beautiful flamed maple fretboard.

The Fury has a fairly large chip out of the finish. What would you recommend that I do with it? It's like 1/2" x 1" on the back edge. Can I seal it some way?

Pictures will be uploaded later of these.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you have the chip, you can glue it back in. That's what someone did on Fury I owned. If you don't have the chip, see about some wood filler that you could mold into the crack. You could repaint the bass to make it match.:)

BTW, I love the Fury and the Foundation. Incredible basses that can be had dirt cheap.:D

3. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    I realy enjoy the fury bass, even though its a gloss finish neck wich i usually dislike... i have spent the last days with one at work that had no sound(alot of miss wiering from my side before i managed to get the principal for stringed instruments to buy a new pickup) so now we have a fury with a Seymour Duncan pickup, sounds good and plays great.

its pretty bad beaten though, but i have cleaned it and straightened everything out, so nw its just chips that shows that its not new.

I haave adopted it though, so that bass will get a monthly check up :p(something i wont give any other bass at the school :p)

4. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    My Foundation (early model) was one of the finest basses that I have ever played. Inexpensive? Yeah. Not high tech? Yeah. But it played and sounded fantastic.
    That's what I want in a bass.

Kim

5. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Here are pictures of the 1989 Foundation...this bass is nearly mint.

Attached Files:

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I wish I hadn't sold my foundation...

7. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Here is the Fury

Attached Files:

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That Foundation looks great! I wish it was mine!:oops:

9. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    And here is the flamed neck on the Fury. Very nice, and both play and sound fantastic!

Attached Files:

10. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    Trevorus...I liked the Foundation S I got from you so much...I bought another one (a lot more beat up though) in white. I'll post some pictures when I have the time.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    If you ever want it to come back this way... I'd love you forever...

12. Zachass

Zachass Peavey Partizan

There are 3 foundation S basses on ebay as we speak, two 4s and a 5, check em out.