1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Foundation S (P/J) USA New/Old Stock CAR!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold to truckin88! Thanks Will!!!

All-

Up for grabs is my Peavey Foundation S in Candy Apple Red. It has a P/J config and the J is actually a stacked humbucker (single coil tone but no single coil hum!). It was a display model that sat in a music store for years and years. It has some scratches from this, but nothing major. Even still has the protective clear plastic on the control cavity cover! The good news is that the important stuff is all there! The frets, electroncs, tuners, etc all work 100% with no issues (no scratchy pots, bad jacks, etc, etc). Tuners are Schaller (very solid and ssssmooth), fret board has gorgeous blond ribbons running through it, even has a micro tilt adjuster on the neck!!, bass sounds and plays AMAZING. I love the nice little touches that Peavey does like rubber surrounds on the knobs, etc. I also have the manual for it too!

I just adjusted the trus rod and lowered the action. I also oiled the fret board and adjusted the pickups, etc. It's a killer bass. Comes with the original Peavey logoed gig bag. The ONLY reason that I am selling it is that I just bought a Peavey TL5. Pickups on this bass are VERY hot and give my active basses a run for their money in terms of output.

Looks, sounds, plays great. US made, killer hardware, awesome and I mean awesome craftsmanship. As good as any US Fender I've owned! Again, this one has not been played and gigged for years and years like most Foundations out there plus the S model is pretty rare to boot (most Foundations were the non-S ones with regular super ferrite pickups in them). $225 shipped lower 48 U.S...

0d_1.

a5_1.

c6_1.

26_1.

b3_1.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    These basses are fantastic! I have one in black, and it has been getting as much attention as my american fender. Super nice stuff. And, these basses have the threaded neck bolt inserts and micro-tilt neck, which is very useful for getting super low action. Quad is right about the pickups, too. Very hot, but very good sounding. Hey, Quad, did you notice how useful the 2 volume controls are? You can get infinite variability, whereas with blends, they seem to be bridge, neck or both.

3. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    pm sent

4. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    'nuther bump for a great value and a heck of a bass

5. Quadzilla

Thanks for the bumps guys! I always wonder why people will buy cheap overseas junk basses before one of these. No comparo!

6. I like the color with the matching headstock! Good seller here. :)

7. Quadzilla

Yeah Matt, most Foundations came with regular wood headstocks. Thanks for catching that! Can't believe I still have this. I nice US made bass in great working order, few scratches, but frets, jack, knobs, tuners, etc all like new. OK, OK, I'll even throw in a brand new set of Nickle round strings still in the darn package. I REALLY would hate to see this one go to Ebay as it belongs in the hands of a fellow TBer. Like it states in the description, I am the first owner (hung in a music store for years). Other than a few scratches from being on display, it's like new....

8. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    how's the balance on this guy, any neck dives?

I may have missed it, but what year was it made?

thanks

david

9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    And it looks so....devilish....:ninja:

10. Quadzilla

Don't know, but when I get home this eve, I'll post the serial # on Peavey's forum and get the year made. Prob mid-90's or so, but I'm just guessing...

11. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    and how is the balance... neck dives?

12. Quadzilla

I recall it being fine, but lemme strap her on this eve and let you know for sure.

13. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    thanks

14. Quadzilla

Balances well with just a *slight* hint of neck dive...

15. Quadzilla

Buyer backed out (bought an SX instead :confused: ) so she's back on the market. Again, I've had foreign basses including an SX. Most cheaper foreign basses are not in the same stratosphere as this. My SX had horrible tuners, thin bridge, suspect solders on the electronics (I resoldered them all), fake looking lamited "quilt maple" top, etc. The Peavey is EVERY BIT the build quality of the USA Fenders I've owned in the past.

16. Quadzilla

To da top!

17. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota

Ya i've owned an SX 5 string bass and i've had all the same problems, had crappy tuners, and i had so resolder everything only weeks after buying. I also have had a Peavey foundation for about 8 years, and she is perfect, balances really well, pickups sound nice. she even made me SELL my fender MIA precision....definately a good instrument!

18. iDavid

iDavid

Apr 22, 2005
    does this bass have a thin, thick, or medium size neck....

what bass would have a comparable neck?

david

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Thin, like a Geddy Lee. Very comfy.

20. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    As I posted earlier, I have one of these in black. These things are built very well. They have steel bridges, solid wood bodies (not ply like some cheapo basses. Remember, these are made in America as well), 2 piece maple neck that is very stable, better tuners than most basses that sell for three times the price, and it has machine screw inserts in the neck with a superbly designed micro-tilt neck. If you like low action, this bass can do it! The bridge pickup is humbucking and so is the P (as are they all), and it comes from the factory with a great shielding job. This thing is really quiet noise wise, and has a nice high output.