Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Foundation S sounds big, almost too big.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Trevorus, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    This thing has a TON of low end. How do I tame this beast? I have tried to adjust the pickups away from the strings a bit, but it still sounds gigantic.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Part of the problem is that the E sound monstrous, mostly. The one thing I notice is that even the higher strings have the cajones they need, which is the good part.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You can adjust the side of the pickup with the "E" string down so that it's not flat across the strings. I've had to do this with many different basses over the years.

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Once you adjust the pickups where it sounds better, check that you're not using too much boost in the 80- 150 Hz region. That can really make the E string jump out.

Different strings may make a huge difference.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I do run the amp flat.

I figured out a little bit more about it. I adjusted the whole pickup down a bit. Then I brought up the pole pieces on the other strings.

BTW, I recommend these basses for anyone looking for a GREAT p/j. They sound huge, and they are some of the most versatile passive basses I have ever played.