Peavey Foundation S

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lastminute, Aug 4, 2009.

1. lastminute

lastminute

Dec 25, 2007
    The P+J version of the Foundation.....the NON-KOA version. Anybody have extensive knowledge of these guys? A neighbor of mine recently got one and it looks great (won't let me touch, since we all are understandably protective of babies new and old).

2. What's your question?

3. lastminute

lastminute

Dec 25, 2007
    Well, things like the neck's width at the nut, how fat it is back to front.....and pickup output.

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
  5. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    personal experience...this was my first bass. mine was gunmetal grey. never stayed in tune and the hardware (knobs/bridge) aged (rusted) really fast and it had a fair amount of neck dive, extra noisy electronics, feed back monster, ate batteries like crazy (but i played it alot, constantly needed setup, and heavy heavy heavy!

you'd think i hated this thing but i absolutely loved it! all the things i complained about above are all from hindsight, but it rocked hard and taught me everything i know about maintaining a bass, had a ton of sound options and was a fun rig that i spent tireless hours on.. my experience with that bass was like learning how to ride rodeo on the nastiest meanest bull on the range...it may have beat me up a bit but im better for it and all in all it served me very well over the years. theyre rad, you dont see alot of them and usually you can pick em up cheap enough you dont have to worry about em too much..hope my reminiscing has given you an accurate picture of how this bass truly is.

6. The Foundation S had at least 2 versions. Both of them had neck profiles similar to a Jazz Bass- 1.5 inches at the nut with a c shape. Earlier versions had Schaller liscensed copies of Dimarzios(PJ set). These are ceramic pickups with adjustable pole pieces. Many people believe that the s in the name meant special, I was told it was due to these Schaller pickups and tuners. These pickups were quite hot with a tone similar to modern Dimarzios. Later 's' models had peavey alnico V pickups which were also very hot, but had a more old school warmth to them.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021