1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

peavey foundation tuners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kmon, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Can any of you guys hook me up with the correct size for replacement Tuners for an 88 peavey foundation?

I wanna get some ultralights...got a bit of neck dive

Thanks!!!

2. Please post a. Pix

3. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Austin, TX
    np, here ya go:

IMAG0399.

IMAG0400.

IMAG0398.

4. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    I agree I would like to know this too. I have played a peavey foundation '83 since I started playing bass, and instead of buying new, I want to upgrade my current bass. I love the Foundation when I lay the foundation.

5. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    If you're getting rid of your current old stock tuners, you could always send them to me :p I need some

6. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I got some hipshot ultralights and they work great. The 1/2 inch ones I got were workable but smaller than I'd like for the tuner holes.

As it turned out the original collars, which weigh nothing, screwed right onto the hipshots so I got a decent fit.

neck dive is history.

now I'm considering the bridge for an upgrade...:)

7. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Austin, TX
    well I'm keeping the original collars unfortunately...they aren't terribly usable without the collars

8. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    They are to a guy who's been collecting scraps of those tuners for years haha