Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Fury bass upgrade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eilif, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I ran across an Peavey Fury P-bass copy (early 90's?) recently that may be possible for me to pick up at low price. I played it, and wasn't quite happy with the adjustment of the pickup, but other than that it seemed like a solid instrument. Anyway what I wanted to know was:
    Is a Peavey Fury a good bass to buy as a project bass? I have wanted to try putting a Semour Duncan MM kit into a bass for a long time, and this looks like a possiblity.
    Also, can anyone tell me anything usefull about this bass such as what type of wood it is make out of or why the fingerboard and neck are one piece of wood, etc.?

2. I have one of these. I love it!

The body is poplar. I think the fingerboard is a different piece of maple if you look really closely.

This past summer my dad routed it for me and I put in a Dimarzio Model PJ set. It sounds great!

One of my friends bought another Fury recently and it too is a pretty good bass. I seriously think that the Fury is the best deal around.