Peavey Fury Bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whitey, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Whitey

Jan 8, 2002
    Beckley, WV
    I was looking at a Peavey Fury Bass yesterday. It comes with a Peavey 15 or 20 watt amp, I am not sure which it was and the model of the amp, and a strap and case all for 399.00. Does this sound like a good deal? The bass was in great shape. I currently have a SquierII p bass. How would this Peavey fury compare to it? Thanks.
  2. Hello Whitey and welcome to Talk Bass.

I've heard the Fury is a bit of a budget item and that there are better basses about for the money. The low end Yamaha's, for instance. Eg. RBX 260 or 270. They seem to be around, new, at about £200ish, but no amp.

I had a Squier P Affinity and it was really quite good for the ££, but I can't compare the Peavey and the Squire.

IMHO there are better basses about than the Peavey, and you should be able to get something really quite good in a used bass for about 400.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Peavey Fury is actually a decent entry level bass. If it is packaged with the Peavey Microbass or Minx amp, that price is about right. The Fury is comparable to the Squier Affinity P bass, the Ibanez GSR200, the Yamaha RBX270, etc. Decent entry level bass. The Peavey Microbass and Minx bass amps are the best sounding small, low watt bass amps on the market IMHO.
  4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I'll second the Microbass amp. I love mine.
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I want to 2nd what Embellisher said about the Fury.

Everytime I go to the local shop, I find myself playing the Fury's quite a bit. I think for a bass in this price range it has a very good tone, with good construction. The neck feels very solid and is easy to play. I like them.
  6. Seems I perhaps got it wrong about the Fury.

It was second hand information, I must admit.