Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Fury IV...how is it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Dec 5, 2001.

1. I found one of these at a local music store, with a nice paint job...It's strung thru, 3 band active EQ w/ soapbar pickups and a decent looking bridge. Anyone know how this compares to say an ibanez sr400? (I just bought a sr400, but i have another 7 days to check it out and return it if i dont like it, so i am gonna check this out anyway...) How are they made? Any known problems etc...?

Thanks
    Graham

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think the fury basses are good for the price.. however.. if you want a 5 string model look out.. most of the fury 5 stringers that I have played have had floppy low b strings... still a decent bass though.. maybe you could tune it E-A-D-G-C and it would rule... just my 2 cents.. good bass.. don't really have opinion on comparison.. if you like the sound better then you should get it.. if not.. well then its a toss up..

3. I'm talking about the four string model. Maple quilted...(blue). It has two black soapbar P-ups, and volume, active, bass, treble, and mid controls...

4. For a couple of weeks I had a Fury 6 and an SR406 at the same time. The SR405 had a tighter B string, what I thought was a better neck but did have a noisier preamp. The Ibanez had considerably more bite than the Fury did - the Peavey seemed to have a bit smoother tone. I preferred the Ibanez, but YMMV.

cheers,

allan