1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Fury IV...how is it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove Severe GAS problems. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    I found one of these at a local music store, with a nice paint job...It's strung thru, 3 band active EQ w/ soapbar pickups and a decent looking bridge. Anyone know how this compares to say an ibanez sr400? (I just bought a sr400, but i have another 7 days to check it out and return it if i dont like it, so i am gonna check this out anyway...) How are they made? Any known problems etc...?

Thanks
    Graham

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think the fury basses are good for the price.. however.. if you want a 5 string model look out.. most of the fury 5 stringers that I have played have had floppy low b strings... still a decent bass though.. maybe you could tune it E-A-D-G-C and it would rule... just my 2 cents.. good bass.. don't really have opinion on comparison.. if you like the sound better then you should get it.. if not.. well then its a toss up..

3. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove Severe GAS problems. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    I'm talking about the four string model. Maple quilted...(blue). It has two black soapbar P-ups, and volume, active, bass, treble, and mid controls...

4. For a couple of weeks I had a Fury 6 and an SR406 at the same time. The SR405 had a tighter B string, what I thought was a better neck but did have a noisier preamp. The Ibanez had considerably more bite than the Fury did - the Peavey seemed to have a bit smoother tone. I preferred the Ibanez, but YMMV.

cheers,

allan