Peavey Fury IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigboski69, Jul 25, 2001.

1. bigboski69

Jul 25, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    What's up? I have fallen in love with a Peavey Fury IV bass that is at the music store that I deal with. Do any of you out there have any experience with it? It's a pretty decent axe for the price and has active electronics, which is a plus. I have never dealt with Peavey in the past so I am not so sure about the quality of their products.
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Is it the latest model with the quilt-top and string-thru-body bridge? If so, the IV-string should be a real player. I wasn't too happy with the B-string on the Fury V & VI.
  3. chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
    I hang with the QA techs that work at the Peavey guitar factory. They love the Fury series. They said it has a killer sound and the quilt tops have all looked killer. One thing you can count on is that Peavey will stand behind their product.

Hope this helps.
  4. bigboski69

Jul 25, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey guys, thanks for the input. I placed the order for one of the new Fury IV's in transparent red and should be in next month sometime. I asked around and a lot of people are raving about how Peavey has turned around the last couple years. Apparently their products were never of any significant quality until a few years ago. And after playing on a Cirrus 5-string and picking up a Millenium Plus 4, I can say that I am really impresses. Beautiful instruments with a nice tone.

If you were a bogger, I'd pick you first...~me