1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD PEAVEY FURY made in USA - MINT MINT !!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mb94952, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

This is a one of a kind bass. It arrived from Peavey this way. It is a hybrid of a FURY and an AXCELERATOR. It still has the plastic covering near the knobs and on the battery cover. It also has the new sticker on the headstock.

You will not see another bass like this or as clean as this. It is dead mint. I don't know if it was originally a custom order, or if it was assembled using stock on hand to save money. I just don't know. Either way, it's really cool and BOOMS with presence.

This just kills me to put this Peavey Fury / AXCELERATOR bass up for sale. This was my end all / be all answer to my Precision Bass and Jazz Bass needs. It was the only bass I would ever need to fulfill those needs because my Cirrus is just a little too modern sounding.

This bass not only NAILS a classic Pbass and Jazz bass tone, but it's dead silent, too. Oh, also like all Peaveys, it feels great. Super fast neck and TONS of growl .

This bass has the same dual VFL soapbar pickups and 18v preamp that the Cirrus has. It has a more classic EQ section, though.

It has Volume, Blend, Bass / Treble boost and cut

With the blend set in the middle and the EQ flat it nails the Stingray tone. With the neck pup and treble cut 100% it nails a classic Pbass ala James Jamerson. With the bridge pickup and a treble boost, there's Jaco.

The EQ section is VERY warm. NO ice pick highs. Just nice and crisp. The lows can add some thump, or BOOM at 100%

This bass is in DEAD MINT condition. I never took the plastic off the bass. It is showroom. You will NEVER see one like it again.

I have never seen this model of Fury before, either. When I bought it I thought it was an Axcellerator.

As always, I'm sure the "usual suspects" will chime in .

I am gonna say[DEL] $650 [/DEL][DEL] $599[/DEL] [DEL]$550[/DEL] $499 shipped is a good price for this bass for now.

Tone wise, this bass sounds BETTER than my CIRRUS as far as warm, crispy high end and tubey lows go... Think about that when hesitation about buying this bass confronts you ...

PeaveyFurynew011.
    PeaveyFurynew012.
    PeaveyFurynew002.
    PeaveyFurynew007.
    PeaveyFurynew005.
    PeaveyFurynew004.
    PeaveyFurynew008.
    PeaveyFurynew010.
    PeaveyFurynew009.

2. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    They made an active USA Fury????????

I need some money! :(

Free bump!

3. mb94952

That was my exact question !! I had NEVER seen an active Fury, or a Fury like this before. Ever. I bought this bass NEW from a music store that got it from Peavey just like this - BUT sources tell me that this is a one of a kind bass. It may have been a custom order, or just a way for Peavey to use up stock on hand. I don't know.

It seems to be an Axcelerator body with a Fury neck. A Peavey Hybrid !

Either way, it is a bass I am on the fence about selling. It is the answer to every question I have in the back of my mind like, "What do I do when I need a classic Pbass or jazz bass tone ? " and unlike those basses, this one is dead silent like the CIRRUS, so I can record with it, too. Also, a Fender is only quiet when both pickups are at 100%. This one is always silent. So I am at a quandry here.

4. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    I'd love to have this, but I just bought a bass recently. :(
    I'd love to have it for its uniqueness alone!

5. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    smokin' hot! this is an amazing bass ! bump for a great tber with great gear always and awesome deals.

6. OldGreg

OldGreg

Apr 23, 2011
    Tucson,AZ
    Hybrid for sure.

Active?
    2 soapbar configuration?

Never seen anything like it, but I'd love to own it.

Recently got 2 T-40s, or a PM would have been sent.

GLWTS

7. metlman72

metlman72

Jun 29, 2011
    Long Island NY
    +1 this is a unique looking bass. I am suprised no one has scooped this up yet.

8. mb94952

TRADE for Peavey Cirrus

9. Pix?

10. mb94952

Pix of what, Timmy ? You can't see the pix on your computer ?

11. The neck heel on the Axcelerator was different that a Fury. If someone just pieced it together then it wouldn't look like a factory build. One a kind.

12. mb94952

Thanks John

13. mb94952

I also just spent $50 to have a pro set up done to it. The action is UBER LOW !!! ZERO fret noise or dead spots.

I would SAFELY say this is on the par of a BOUTIQUE P/J bass

14. mb94952

MAKE me an OFFER .

15. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    i'm dyin!

16. mb94952

Thanks Joey - I wish we could make a deal somehow.

17. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Any interest in trading for a G&L L2000 Tribute with custom electronics?

100_0731.
    100_0730.

18. mb94952

It's definitely a fair trade for the G&L, but if this doesn't sell, I'd rather keep the Peavey.

19. ... thoughts of a g-bass neck on this are going through my head right now...

20. mb94952

Yeah, no kidding !! I have a G Bass and I was thinking the same thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.