Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Fury (USA) and Basic 40 - $225 plus s/h

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by CYoung, May 23, 2004.

1. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I have two bass items for sale.

Item #1 is a well-travelled USA made Peavey Fury bass guitar. These are extremenly rare, with only about 257 million copies in circulation. It is red in color with a white pickguard. Cosmetically, I will give it a 7 out of ten rating due to numerous nicks, dings, and character marks on the body. Electronics are fine; I replaced the stock Peavey pickup with a Fender American P-Bass pickup (at least that is what the guy who sold it to me said it was!). It has a almost-new set of Fender flat wound strings on it for that thumpy P-bass sound. If you want a brighter sound, rip the flats off and drop a set of cheap round wounds on it and you are ready to go. I am including a deluxe (yeah, right) Fender gig bag with pouch.

[​IMG]

This would be a great student or beginner bass. I used for practice and at gigs where for reasons of weather, bikers, or drunken fights, I did want to take my other nicer basses.

Asking price for bass alone: $125 plus shipping via UPS ground.

Item #2: State of the art Peavey Basic 40 bass amp. (Ok, stop laughing).

[​IMG]

This is 40W (I think) practice amp with a 12 inch speaker. While not designed to liquefy pests at 100 yards with its powerful 40W amp, it will let you practice or warm up in a small setting just fine. I used it once on an acoustic gig where 40W was enought o keep up with two acoustic guitar players.

Asking price $125 plus shipping and handling via UPS.

You can get both for $225.

I prefer local pickup, but will happily ship. Both items are large and heavy, so shipping will cost a bit. I am in Gainesville, FL.

Trades considered: bass effects, Jazz bass style pickups, acoustic guitars, old girlfriends

2. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    You can e-mail me at chad@aboutguns.net for more info or pics.

I am definitely interested in trading for an acoustic guitar.