Peavey Fury (USA) and Basic 40 - $225 plus s/h

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by CYoung, May 23, 2004.

1. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I have two bass items for sale.

Item #1 is a well-travelled USA made Peavey Fury bass guitar. These are extremenly rare, with only about 257 million copies in circulation. It is red in color with a white pickguard. Cosmetically, I will give it a 7 out of ten rating due to numerous nicks, dings, and character marks on the body. Electronics are fine; I replaced the stock Peavey pickup with a Fender American P-Bass pickup (at least that is what the guy who sold it to me said it was!). It has a almost-new set of Fender flat wound strings on it for that thumpy P-bass sound. If you want a brighter sound, rip the flats off and drop a set of cheap round wounds on it and you are ready to go. I am including a deluxe (yeah, right) Fender gig bag with pouch.

[​IMG]

This would be a great student or beginner bass. I used for practice and at gigs where for reasons of weather, bikers, or drunken fights, I did want to take my other nicer basses.

Asking price for bass alone: $125 plus shipping via UPS ground.

Item #2: State of the art Peavey Basic 40 bass amp. (Ok, stop laughing).

[​IMG]

This is 40W (I think) practice amp with a 12 inch speaker. While not designed to liquefy pests at 100 yards with its powerful 40W amp, it will let you practice or warm up in a small setting just fine. I used it once on an acoustic gig where 40W was enought o keep up with two acoustic guitar players.

Asking price $125 plus shipping and handling via UPS.

You can get both for $225.

I prefer local pickup, but will happily ship. Both items are large and heavy, so shipping will cost a bit. I am in Gainesville, FL.

Trades considered: bass effects, Jazz bass style pickups, acoustic guitars, old girlfriends

2. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    You can e-mail me at chad@aboutguns.net for more info or pics.

I am definitely interested in trading for an acoustic guitar.