1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Fury USA Bass - opinions needed, prices?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MakoMan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. This Fury turned out fantastic! Love the refinish. I may to restore the one I bought as a parts bass now.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I bought one a few months ago for $80. I learned to do some fret and neck work on it. It is a decent bass but most definitely cheap. The truss rod feels super cheap in it's adjustment and the action cannot go terribly low but it plays decently. It sounds decent on it's own but it is terrible in a band mix. I find the pickups too scooped so I get lost in the mix without a ton of power behind it.

I intend to keep it to learn how to refinish a bass as well. I can only hope it goes half as well as the one on page one. My Fury will have to be a solid colour because of all the dents and dings.

BamaBird likes this.
  3. XsSpeed

XsSpeed

Sep 14, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    How does the fury compare to the patriot? The fury I'm talking about also has the super ferrite pup. I love my patriot

BamaBird likes this.
  4. Love GK

Love GK

Aug 13, 2012
    Indiana
    I know this is a old thread but I was reading it so I thought I would go ahead and share a pic of my custom 1994 Peavey Fury! Here she is, the color is Surf Green
    DSC_01170.

5. jimdgreat1

jimdgreat1

Sep 28, 2016
    Wichita Kansas

:woot:drool

I must have an early one. Thanks OP. :bassist:

6. White USA Fury with a maple board was my first bass and I still have it 17 years later (with the OHSC) 20180904_192640.

Shawn Luckman and mech like this.
  7. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    A USA Fury turned up for 100$ near me. The owner says that there is a small crack, or fracture on the bottom of the neck. Here’s a pic, he says that it doesn’t affect play, and otherwise it’s in good shape. What do you guys think? Worth 100$ or skip? I will probably go play it later but have no idea if this split will be able to be fixed.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

8. It's a pretty common sight on 80's to early 90's Peavey. They have a micro tilt so folks didn't need shims.

Trouble is folks don't follow instructions and got too hasty with the M-tilt.

Not a big issue,wind in the M-tilt grub screw and it'll close. Neck were 2 parts, split up the middle (no separate fretboard). You could try getting some glue in there before tackling the M-tilt grub screw.

lowplaces and zapped777 like this.
  9. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I'd agree with kodiakblair and would give it a shot. It's not unfixable and $100 is a very good price if everything else is in good shape. Give it a good once-over when you see it though as the bridge and input jack look pretty tarnished/corroded.

I'd probably offer $75.

Good luck.