1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey Fury (USA) with DiMarzio Will Power PUs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by timber22, Feb 11, 2016.

1. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my 1995 USA Peavey Fury. The bass is in really good condition with no significant dings, dents or scratches. It has some mild player wear, but overall is really nice. The stock pickups have been replaced with DiMarzio Will Power Middle pickups, which add a whole new level of punch to the tone. It sounds amazing. The input jack, pots and wiring were replaced along with the pickups, by a professional.
    The original pickguard had been painted, so for this sale I bought and installed a brand new pickguard. If you want the other one for future use, I will throw it in. It's not damaged, just painted, which can be sanded off and repainted, vinyl covered, or whatever you prefer.

Regarding trades, the only thing I'm in the market for right now is a good DI, such as a VT Bass DI, or something like that. But, if there is something else you can try. You never know.

The photos didn't turn out as good as I would have liked. I like to take photos outdoors but it is freezing cold and snowy right now. If you have any questions or want to see anything in particular, just ask.

$240 shipped CONUS.

f4_zpsvhr2tah6.
    f2_zpspde6dccu.
    f5_zpskitvciq0.
    f3_zpss62z5x8d.
    f7_zpsujvzygoa.
    f1_zpsba7g50ku.

2. Esoge

Esoge

Jun 22, 2014
    Glassboro, NJ
    Steal of the week right here

timber22 and aaronious like this.
  3. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    One of the very first basses I worked on long before I started building them was this very model from Peavy. I remember it well.

I won't get into all the details of work other that to say that after some cosmetic work and a modest upgrade to the electronics, the bass just sung.

It's light weight, well balanced and feels fast in your hands. The guy that wound up owning the bass wrote me 3 years later to tell me how much he loved it and still played it in his band.

This is a really good deal for made in the USA instrument. And when you consider the fact that these DiMarzio pickups cost about $85, that basically tells you how great the value is for the rest of this bass.

It'll be a nice score for someone.

timber22 likes this.
  4. timber22

Thanks for the comments Esoge and jazzyitalian. This is a great bass and a great value, especially with these pickups.

5. Esoge

Esoge

Jun 22, 2014
    Glassboro, NJ
    PM'd

6. timber22

I have some some serious local interest in this bass. But, I'll bump it up here since that is not a done deal yet. So, still available at this point.

7. PM'd

8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    THIS over a Fender P ANY DAY! 1/3rd the price!