Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Fury V good or bad?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RawBassist, Oct 4, 2002.

1. RawBassist

RawBassist

Sep 1, 2002
    USA
    Hey y'all! I'm in the process of buying a five string bass. And I went to a local guitar shop and played all sorts of 5ers including several Dean, Fender, Washburn etc. but the best one out of them all was a NEW Peavey Fury V. It has an active 3-band EQ, and soapbar looking pups. The action is really low without a floppy B or any rattling. It has a red quilted maple top and different looking kind of metal on the knobs, (not that important.) Anyway, this is the sweetest axe i picked up and the list is US$599 but i can talk them down to US$479 which is the internet price or at least get them to throw in a bag or case or something. My question is, is this worth it for the money and will it last? I think this might last me a while if it gets a good response, thanks a bunch.

2. RawBassist

RawBassist

Sep 1, 2002
    USA
    gotta do this... *BUMP*

3. RawBassist

RawBassist

Sep 1, 2002
    USA
    i think im gonna do this untill i get responses.
    BUMP

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've played a few @ sam Ash & the basses are REALLY good for the money.

But I think you should but my Lakland. :)

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ok...but for 470, you can get ther hands down best bass under 500, the MTD Kingston 5. This thing SLAYS the competition, for the under 500 market, and for the under 1000 market as well (Lakland Skyline series being the only other contenders, IMHO).

Has a better B string, and plays like a madman. Can't reccomend these things enough.