Peavey Fury V...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by some guy#2, Apr 5, 2002.

1. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Are there any other fans around here?

Look, I am not a pro by any means BUT most certainly am NOT a hack. I also like to think I am somewhat discriminating. I've been playing for many years & have played many "high end" basses.

I think the Fury is a FINE bass and a true bargin to boot. I think I had a briefe (though friendly) go around with ebozzz about them when I tried to compare them favorably with the Millennium's & Cirrus's.
    I really feel that for the money it is a fantastic buy.
    Of course I could be wrong...or as the saying goes; YMMV!

I know that not all will like them, and that is fine (Stuart Smilely voice off) I just feel lonely!

Repeating now, are there ANY Fury supporters out there?

note: I am not now nor have ever been an employee of Peavey
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well I most certainly AM a hack...

And the Fury looks fine 2 me.
  3. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Please allow me to rephrase: I am not a complete hack!!!
  4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Yep, that was me and I'm still friendly! :D The Fury is a very good bass IMO. I actually thought about buying one of those for a while until my Millennium Plus fell into my lap at about the cost of a new Fury. Hey, I couldn't turn that down! ;) If that hadn't happened, I could very well have been the proud owner of a Fury. I don't know much about the 5-string version. All of the ones that I've seen have been 4-bangers.
  5. I was about to start an "opinions please" thread about the Peavey Fury, Today I made a visit to my fav. local guitar shop to check if they had something new or if any BTB405q or 406q had arrived, and I found they had just received a bunch of Furys. I had never seen one up close and have never played one (not even today, they were about to close).. I took a look at a 6 stringer wich was around US $622, Which is a quite good around here. I couldn't check for its specs in the www cause is under reconstruction. But it looked very good for me.. Nice finishes, satin chrome hardware (I think that's a new feature on furys), and all the rest..

Í'm not torn between the btb I've decided to be my future adquisition, but after having read theese opinions I'm really putting the Fury in consideration..