Peavey Fury VI opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Got a chance to get a new one for around $300. I was wondering your overall experince on how it plays,sounds,quality since I wont be able to play it till I buy it but Im used to doing that.Or any experince on the fury line will be helpful
  2. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Musicians Friend has red and green ones on clearance right now for $199.00 with case. See peavey bass sale thread towards the middle to end of it.You could find out who bought one and ask them what they think.
  3. velocraig

Nov 1, 2003
    NE Georgia
    Ive had one for about 4yrs now...stock except for strings and straplocks.
    The good: tones are abundant, pre is pretty quiet (not to the level of my Cirrus), action can be made pretty good, hardware is solid, good balance, neck is comfy (to me, at least), decent woods, good looks (IMO)
    Only big bad: B is pretty floppy w/ all strings I've tried when tuned down to B...tune it up w/ some tension and it gets noticably better.
    I keep it as my only 5er just so I have one when somebody asks for it...doesn't mean I have to go "all the way down there" ;)
    For the current $199 w/ the case you can't beat it, IMO.
    Is there better out there? Yes.
    For 2 bills? I don't know where!

just noticed the original question was regarding the 6 not 5 :rolleyes: ...
    I've also laid hands on one of them as well...still the same report :p
  4. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Plus sign up and use to shop there and get 12% off every order... it's a great deal...
  5. A friend of mine bought one and I kept his bass for few days at home....
    Very good bass for the price, the preamp is cool and the playability is correct!
    U won't be disappointed....

6. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Thanks for the replies I will let you no how it goes. I got the trans green one wich is acutally the color I wanted anyway. :hyper:
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Hope you like tight string spacing! ;)

It's a good bass, though. I'm happy with mine. It's always good to have a six to goof around on.
  8. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I have a fourstring of it as a beater bass. It does the job well, especially for the price.
  9. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Tight spacing dosent bother me so much.Cant be nearly as bad a Samick 6 I played.That was aweful. If I can get enough room to pop then its good enough.

Chrono Trigger rules!