1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Fury ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by No Neck Shrek, Oct 6, 2010.

1. First post ever.... I have a Peavey Foundation S and I'm thinking about getting another bass with active pickups.
    I've been looking at the Millenniums (usa) & Fury. Which would you choose ? Why ? I found a nice Fury IV for $125 & the Millenniums are about 5-6 times that, are they worth it? :help:

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Millennium hands down and yes they are worth it.

3. Are all the Furys USA made ?

4. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    No

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    USA Furies are killer passive basses. The old ones are slanted single coils, the newer ones are P-basses. They are dirt cheap with super slim necks (like a Lakland Duck Dunn.) The newest Furies are simply budget level import active basses that are decent bang for the buck, but nothing special. A USA Millennium is a great bass, and one that is becoming harder to find nowadays.

6. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
  7. Joospocks

Joospocks

Jul 1, 2010
    :eek: That thing lasted 58 minutes from being posted to being sold! Am I reading that wrong?!

8. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Millenniums sell insanly fast, especially the Plus versions. USA millenniums are top notch and easily worth the cash if you find one thats visually appealing to you.

9. OK, what are your feelings on a G-2 Bass ? $250 ?

10. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Millennium USA!

11. xaxxat

xaxxat

Oct 31, 2008
    The Fury IV is a Korean made bass. They're very well made and a very good deal at $150. They have VFL pups - but the preamp is boost only. With a decent preamp, they'd really come to life.

The USA Millennium is a different beast. With the Super Ferrite pups and the excellent Millennium preamp, it's a killer.

12. rob7

rob7

Jun 14, 2010
    i wouldnt get an active full stop...with the amps today you dont need em..batteries and crap.

13. No Neck: How do you like you Foundation S ? I* have never had a Peavey and have a chance to but one in really good shape. Are they a good bass? Do they compare to a Fender Jazz? Thanks.

14. JZQuantum

JZQuantum

Oct 12, 2008
    Get it, you won't be disappointed. Snap it up...or else I will! I used to own both basses you discuss and I sold my 2008 Fender Am Std. as soon as I played the peavey!

15. I'll ALWAYS have my Foundation S ! I had a bone nut & a Badass II bridge installed and it sounds better than anything else I've heard. Last week I purchased another Foundation S for my wife, its stock......so far..... I 've just was playing with the idea of adding another to the collection with active pickups. :bassist:

16. At our current market, I'd be looking at a USA Millenium Plus

Then PM me as it will probably have bad setup.

17. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Millenniums don't have Super Ferrites. They have a variety if VFL pickups.

18. xaxxat

xaxxat

Oct 31, 2008
    Ah, you're correct. I was confusing them with Foundations.

19. or tl-5s (early gens).. or T20s.. or some patriots.... guess some fury also had them

Just joking.

20. xaxxat

xaxxat

Oct 31, 2008
    Looking at my Dyna 5 and going doh!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021