1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey G bass in great condition PRICE LOWERED AGAIN! $550 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chuck M, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Price:
    $550
    Strings:
    Peavey G bass in very nice condition. The bass has the desirable basket weave showing in the carbon fiber neck and has only very subtle sparkle in the black finish. The bass really looks black unless you look for the sparkle in the finish. The bass is very clean and has only some slight blemishes in the finish. You have to get the light just right to see any flaws. You can see how shiny it is in the photos (you can also see my knees and they are pretty shiny too). It ships in a gig bag. The bass has TI flats on it and sounds great. Electronics work perfectly. It weighs 7 pounds, 12 ounces.

PRICE LOWERED AGAIN.....$550 shipped!

Price includes insured shipping to the lower 48 states. Paypal is okay and if you are local I will discount shipping costs. IMG-3284. IMG-3285. IMG-3286. IMG-3287. IMG-3288. IMG-3289.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Federighi, Dman32, devo1 and 11 others like this.
  2. Awesome bass!

Chuck M likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    They are called the "poor man's Flea bass" for a reason. They are built incredibly well. Fit and finish is fantastic. And, of course, fiber neck and pickup placement. I sold several of them from a store over the years. Super punchy but can be tamed.

If you would love a Modulus, but just can't swing the funds, this is your bass.

mikewalker and Chuck M like this.
  4. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    It’s the Bees knee’s!!!!!!

Ha ha

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  5. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'm surprised this has not sold by now. It is very difficult to find one of these cool basses in this fine condition. I've been looking for a GV for quite a while. The only one I know of for sale is on the Guitar Center website and the electronics have been changed and they still are asking $799 for it with no case IIRC.

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous holiday season....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Yes, I am a little early but I love this time of year. Drive carefully and drink even more carefully.

JEDI BASS likes this.
  6. I have this exact bass. Same black light sparkle. It is pretty amazing.

7. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'd like to get this on the way to a new home. Make me an offer!

8. That G's a beauty - really good shape. GLWTS!

9. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    I thought the pickup was in the P position and not the MM position?

10. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    It looks to me to be a little closer to the bridge than a P bass but not as close as a Stingray. It sounds great where it is.

JEDI BASS and krovx like this.
  11. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    One of the Peavey basses I have always wanted to try. Can't find any tone samples :(

If it can do the poor man's Flea bass...so tempting

12. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    With roundwound strings it can really bring the funk. That is not my bag so I put flats on it. It is a great bass. Fantastic feeling neck, light in weight and killer electronics.

Pickebass and JEDI BASS like this.