Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey G-Bass Schematic or Photo of Cavity?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Peter Weil, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Hi all.

I'm trying to put my Peavey G-Bass back to stock after several years of heavily modifying it.

Darned thing is, I can't remember how to hook up the stock preamp to the pickups and output jack.

Anyone have a schematic, or even better, photos of their control cavity displaying how everything is hooked up?

Thanks all.

Pete

2. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Hey Pete,

I don't have a PV "G-Bass", but do have a modded Dyna. When I was goofing around with it, I located (but did not do business with) a schematic source here: http://www.schematicconnection.com/...150&ph=cat&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

However, checking just now did not show a G-Bass listed. Did they maybe use the same electronics in more than one model?

I also have the email address of an acknowledged "Peavey-holic" who I am certain will help you if he can. PM me your email and I'll send you his contact info.

Larry

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Peavey has forums, and they are generally pretty good about answering questions. They told me all I needed to know aobut my 87 foundation.

4. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Update.

Larry - the guy you put me in contact with wasn't able to help. Nice bloke though, and what a collection of Peavey guitars!

Managed to get a schematic from A.J. over at the Peavey forums. (attached to this message) Problem is, it nearly looks right but isn't. I think it's the same PCB board as in a Peavey Cirrus - in fact it's printed on the PCB - but it only has five pots on the schematic as opposed to the four actually in use in a typical G-Bass.

Moreover, A.J. seems to have stopped responding to the thread, even though I have a few more questions. (Search on the forums.peavey.com for 'G-Bass Schematic' and you'll find it.)

So, once again, I'm asking any Peavey G-Bass owners to do me a massive favour and take a photo of their electronics cavity, or at least have a look and tell me what hooks up where.

Thanks all in advance!

Pete

5. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    C'mon.

Anybody?

:confused:

Pete

6. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    NB.

For anyone else who wants a copy of the schematic, I've attached it to this post.

Attached Files:

7. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Still need picture? I just got a G-Bass, and I'd open her up for you!

8. Peter Weil

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Thanks fro the offer - but I've got it sorted now. Thanks anyway!

Pete