SOLD Peavey G Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Potomuss, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Potomuss

Potomuss Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for grabs is a Peavey G Bass in Black Holoflash. The poor man's Modulus. A fantastic specimen at that. It is my understanding that this was pretty much a closet queen, and the overall condition supports that. Almost no fret wear or other indication of it ever having been played. Plastic still on the battery and control covers. One small ding down by the input jack is pictured. It looks as though someone doctored it with black marker to mask it. Pictured is also a tiny scuff on the tip of the headstock. I'm hard pressed to find any other noteworthy damage.

The neck is incredible. Thin and fast. It's a joy to play. This one is more black with the graphite mesh being visible mostly at the edges where it meets the board. Truss rod operated very smoothly as I set it up. I believe the strings are the original Peavey strings as well. 35" scale. Relief is currently at .012 at the 8th using the standard capo on the first fret method. Action at the 21st fret is 6/64 for the E and 5/64 for the D. The neck tilt is engaged, but just barely. I've attempted to show the action and neck in the pictures, but it's tough.

Electronics work as they should. From what I've read it's the same preamp as the Cirrus. I can't say it sounds like anything that I've heard, but it sounds great!

Weight is approximately 7lbs, 4oz. Super light.

Includes gig bag. (Came to me with no case)

Price is $500 shipped to CONUS. I think this is CITES proof, so if you're outside of the states and interested PM me and we'll see what we can work out. Payment via PayPal.

Not interested in trades at this time. Time to purge for the sake of the piggy.

I've made every attempt to describe the bass accurately. If you have questions, please ask. I'll be happy to answer or supply additional photos.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    mikewalker, Bruiser Stone and Bigoo7e like this.
  2. The Deep

The Deep

Jul 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    Didn’t see the nut width.

1.5”?

3. Potomuss

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    My ruler says 1.4375" (1 7/16) so just under an inch and a half.

4. HotelX

HotelX Supporting Member

Looks nice. I used to have one and I miss it eery time I see one for sale.

MrKeef and Potomuss like this.
  5. Potomuss

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    Price drop to 500.

6. Potomuss

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    Sold to a very nice TB'er!

mikewalker likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021