Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey G-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ryman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Ryman

Ryman

Mar 25, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    4 string
    Red Sparkle finish (rare)
    graphite neck
    Pau Ferro fingerboard
    3 band active EQ
    18 volt electronics
    35" scale
    gig bag

I can't say enough good things about this bass. I got rid of my Modulus Flea bass after I played one of these. They have a better fingerboard (I like the Pau Ferro more than the graphite), you can actually adjust the necks, and the electronics are better (3 band instead of 2 on the Flea). This is a fine example of the breed and is set up to my exacting specs. It is currently strung with new GHS brite flats. This thing is a funk monster.

$250 shipped to lower 48. No trades please.

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Pics?

3. I think this makes me want to throw my Flea on ebay.

4. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    pics please

5. Ryman

Ryman

Mar 25, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    Sorry guys, I'll get some pics up later tonight.

Yeah, I felt bad sending my $1200 ($2,400 list) Flea out to the 'bay, (especially because is was finished in the rare purple sparkle and had the lane poor pickup) but I couldn't get over how much I dug the G bass more. It just feels more organic while possesing the stability and tone of graphite. Plus that midrange on board is a huge plus. I would say fit and finish between the two are identical. Those guys at Peavey USA know how to build a bass.

Come to think of it, I did like getting $900 in cash from the Flea, and only spending $350 on the G. That's $550 left over for drinkin!

I'm doing mostly upright stuff now, so I don't need it anymore. :crying:

6. Ryman

Ryman

Mar 25, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    Here are some pics: Sorry for the quality, I'm no photographer...

Attached Files:

7. Ryman

Ryman

Mar 25, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    Alright, I lowered the price to $250 for a quick sale. You guys are killin' me... A bass this good shouldn't be going for this cheap... Too bad Peavey doesn't get the respect they deserve.

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Dropped you a PM...

9. Ryman

Ryman

Mar 25, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    The G bass is sold! Thanks for the interest everyone. These are awesome basses, anyone interested in a graphite neck funk machine should look them up!