Peavey G-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Aug 8, 2002.

1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    Are they good? I know they are discontinued... The local music store will make me a deal on one they have had for years... 600$ with case... Or Less! Has any one had any experiene with them?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I think the G-Bass is a very good bass for the right price. $600 is too high. Several months ago, used 4-string G-Basses were going for about $300 on eBay...
  3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have one, it's a real nice bass, especially the neck/fingerboard. I would say that $600 is a bit high and they have been going for less.
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey, remember, we're talking about NOS (new old stock) with full manufacturer's warrantee from a dealer here, not used on eBay. Personally I think that a NOS instrument has considerably more value than a used eBay piece. But I don't know about $600. Maybe $500?
  5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i almost bought one for under $300.
    i never actually tried one that is why i didn't buy it.

6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I had one for a while and liked the sound. Kind of Precision-esque with more bite. I sold it because I personally did not like the 35" scale - it was enough of a difference that I could feel the strain of the extra stretch. Most people probably wouldn't even notice.

Mine was strung up BEAD and it was great for that.