1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey G-V F/S/T

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bass-Adrenaline, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    SOLD

Im puting this up as a feeler simply to see if there is any interest.

Up for your consideration is my Peavey G-V in a gunmetal color with flake finish. The bass has a Bartolini Pre-Amp and 3 Band EQ. A new Graphtech Nut was put on it. Hipshot ultralites have been installed but i have the originals if someone wants them. Lastly there are hipshot o-ring knobs instead of the crap plastic ones. The bass is strung with brand new DR Lo-Riders.

This is a used bass so it does have some scratches and dings but nothing major.

Price - SOLD $600 SOLD

Trades - None

DSC01827.jpg
    DSC01823.jpg
    DSC01826.jpg
    DSC01824.jpg
    DSC01825.jpg

2. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Nice job upgrading the hardware and electronics!

Someone will love this bass!

3. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    Is the neck graphite on that one?

4. MTMTEX

MTMTEX

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    Pm sent.

5. All of the G basses have graphite necks, FYI. Like some of the Modulus basses, they mount a rosewood board to the graphite neck for a less graphite-ish tone.

6. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Yep, all G-V have graphite necks (assuming you have the original neck lol) but they dont all look the same.

7. Wait, can you add 1 more string to it? Just kidding.

How about a case?

I want this so bad but the timing is very bad. If it's still around next week I might be able to do something but even that's uncertain. I want this so bad. :bassist:

8. Yep, both the GV and the Gbass have Graphite necks. And as I recall, some have a woven Status style neck, and some have a Modulus style neck. Not in profile, but in construction technique and materials.

9. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    lol

It wont come with a case but i will ship it with a new Gator gig bag.

The bass will probably still be around next week so i wouldnt sweat it to much. Just hit me up if you have an offer.

10. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Nice bass.. bumpity.. nice work to it -- reasonable upgrades

11. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Bump

12. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Bump

13. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Weight and scale length?

14. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    I believe when i checked it was about 10lbs and its 35" scale. If its really needed i can get an exact weight in a few days once i get the bass back from getting a setup. lmk if you need anything else.

15. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Bump, im putting this back on the market. I have my eyes on some prts for a project build so this may need to go. The price isnt firm, thats why it says obo.

16. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Pau Ferro actually!:smug:

17. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    ^^^He speaks the troof!^^^

18. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    free bump for an awesome bass.

never seen one in black sparkle. that's way hotter (IMO) than the blue one i had.

19. Definitely a great player. I still have my blue GV. It's been my main gigging axe for a while now...

20. Free bump for a great bass! I have two GVs and LOVE THEM!!! From what I have been told by someone who knows someone who was once acquainted with someone at Peavey, all of the GV (and G Bass) necks were made by Modulus.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020