Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lil_bass_player, Jan 25, 2004.

is Peavey a good place or no

Poll closed Feb 1, 2004.
  1. the best!!!!!!

23 vote(s)
  2. its okay......i guess

21 vote(s)
  3. horrible, just horrible

0 vote(s)
  4. u wasted ur money

3 vote(s)
  1. i got a peavey bass, and its really cool and all, but is it something u brag about or something for practice?
  2. You can brag if it's a Peavey Cirrus ^^

And you could have just asked this in your old thread. People would have answered. And a low end bass( or nay bass) is nothing to brag about unless YOU like it.
  3. i did ask it. oh well, its not like havng a new um, whatever u call this, hurt anyone, right?

4. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    man. go on and brag :)
    but if I were you I would think about those options. :D
  5. thadood

Jun 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I bought a Grind BXP, and it's probably the best bass I've owned in the price range.
  6. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I admit, I used to be a total anti peavey.I am trying to not hate peavey but I got to admit they are the stealing other brands ideas.
    I really like how carvin got a #1 bass award in 98' for the LB70,then in 2000/1 peavey got the same for their oh so original millenium bass.I can honestly say through expeirience though that their amps are better than their guitars and basses.
  7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I have two Peaveys: Fury IV QT and a Fury II. I like them both. Nice electronics and excellent playability. The IV QT is the better of the two.

8. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    If you have around $1000-1500, get a Peavey Cirrus. AMAZING bass!:bassist: I'm dying to try a bubinga 6!:)
  9. IMO Peavey and Carvin suffer from a 'love em or hate em' general opinion and I am always seeing unfair comparisons. I like my Peavey basses especially for the bargain prices I paid for them.
  10. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I've had my Peavey Fury IV OT for about a month now. I love it to death. The electronics are fantastic in it and I can get any tone I want out of it. It has really nice playablity and it looks nice too.
  11. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Peavey and Carvin kick butt...who cares what anyone else thinks?
  12. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    It's supposed to be QT and it stands for Quilt Top.

13. i wish i had that kind of money. but if i did, that would be what i would get.
  14. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    The Cirrus line is great. I've owned two. The Millenium line is a very nice bass. I owned one.

The others compete admirably in their price ranges and are as good as anything else in the same bracket, IMO.
  15. Peavey make great products IMO. I love the Cirrus line and i even like their amps alot...

BTW Schwinn...i dig your sig line ;) :D
  16. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    I think Peavey's are very nice basses for the price, especially used under a grand for a cirrus. Show me another bass of its quality under a grand!
  17. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Thanks, I thought I should identify it as from a Maiden song...but Maiden fans know. That line is true in '04 as it was true in '84.
  18. I tried a Fury a while back, and I was quite impressed with it's sound.

The B Quad that Peavey ued to make (the Brian Bromberg signature) was is a very cool bass.
  19. Busk

Jan 31, 2002
    Peavey makes some great basses. I still love the old TL series. They are like old Cirruses (Ciri?). My TL-Six is my main bass.