1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Grind 6 string Pickup suggestions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Scorpios777, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Scorpios777

Scorpios777

Oct 13, 2005
    I have had a Peavey Grind 6 string for about 4 years now, pretty much like the reviews tend to say I would agree that it plays great for the price and the only thing I really don't like is the pickups. They sound decent through a really nice amp, (which I don't have) and very poor for line in recording... it's like the level is too hot and distorts easily as I tend to play relatively hard.

I would like to get active pickups for it, preferably something that will require minimal work to install (such as routing the pickup cavities).

Anyway, I would like to get some recommendations and if possible, links to some places where I can buy them.

I would eventually like to get active eq installed as well, but I am on a budget so i will probably have to buy that later on down the road. - Though I am wondering if starting out with an active eq before I get the cash for the active pickups would be a better choice, giving me a better/more versatile sound?