Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Grind Bass 6 NTB 6-String Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sabbath1977, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They look better than they play. I think if you get a fretjob done on one, itd be beast.

2. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    the 5er i played was nice, i really like the flat necks.

3. stephgrind

stephgrind

Nov 18, 2004
    I have a 5 strings like that ( fretless now ) and i like it.

4. Well, the design was nice when Michael Tobias mathought it up, still looks good imo. Plays like cheap crap imo. If you want a decent 5 string, I think I've heard some guys here say they like their Peavey Fury6, and I'm happy as a clam with my Ibby SR406.

-ryan-

5. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    I tried one, and the workmanship was surprisingly low for an instrument with a brand name like that. File marks etc.

6. Daleb

Daleb

Aug 23, 2005
    I've had mine for almost 2 years and I love it. Get a nice, wide strap though..it weighs in around 12 lbs. I re-set mine up to tune low F# to G. Works pretty well.

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I tried one at my local music store. It sounded great and played great and looked great, but weighed as much as three cinder blocks! I've read people talk about how light theirs are, so I think these vary a great deal.

8. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I was told the darker the wood the lighter the bass. I tried a dark one and it was light, but not as light as my Fury.

9. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    For Peavey, replacing the excellent Grind BXP with the vastly inferior Grind NTB was a big big mistake.

10. Dub56

Dub56

May 28, 2005
    Kansas
    I agree, I owned a Grind BXP and it was a great bass

11. i dunno...maybe it was just my guitar store, but they have had both BXPs and NTBs, and i felt that the NTB was better, but i guess when it comes to which is "better" its kinda subjective...
    personally i like the ntb series

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I really like the look of them...especially for a cheap 6 string, but I've never played one.

13. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    IMHO, probably the most inconsistent model in Peavey's lineup...ever.
    The good ones are 'okay'...the bad ones, horrid.
    And I luv Peavey basses...

Kim