1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Grind Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike M., Apr 19, 2010.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    On Saturday I made a quick trip to my local music store and had enough time to try a Peavey 5 string Grind bass. Didn't plug it in, just played it.

I was very, very surprised with how well it played. The longer scale seemed very comfortable and while the string spacing seemed a tad tighter than my Fender 5 Jazz bass it still felt good.

Here was the funny thing (and I know this doesn't make much sense): As of lately I've been trying to learn the slapping style and I admit that I'm still a bit clumbsy with it. (Gotta start somewhere). But I wasn't nearly as clumbsy on the Grind bass as I was on my Fender. I don't know if the longer scale/differant tension had anything to do with it or not, but I was surprised.

So what's the take on these basses? I did a quick search here and one member here said that they have a pronounced mid-range "growl" to them. That's the was I would describe my Squire P-bass. Not a lot of low end but it "growls" right thru and records great.

I would like for my next bass to be a neck thru design and this is a possibility.

Thanks for your time.

2. The Grind is a very nice budget bass. I've played several and really liked them. Lightweight, nice tone, very comfy neck. Sounds like the body shape/neck just fits your style better (as far as slapping goes). P basses also aren't the easiest basses to learn to slap on either if that's what you're using.

3. deshi00

deshi00

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus ohio
    I have a 4 string grind ive been gigging with for 2 years, i love it