Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Grind BXP: Has Anybody Actually Played One?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderbroom, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    I did a search on this, but really didn't find much.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up online, so I can't try it out in advance. I'm hoping someone here has actually played a Peavey Grind BXP 5-String Bass.

If you have, I would appreciate your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

2. well, i don't know about a five, but at my local guitar store they have a four, and me and an employee jamed to white room by cream for fifteen minutes, he played bass i played a cool Dearmond guitar. I played the grind some more afterwards. i liked the feel, the sound is pretty cool, its midrangy but not the ugly midrangy, if you know what i mean. overall i liked it, but it wasn't extraordinary.
    Charlie

3. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    Thanks Charlie!

Would think it a good deal for $250 shipped (for the fiver)?

4. I got a six string grind on layaway right now. we had a bunch of 5's, a 4, and one 6 at my local store. What I have found is that the quality is really inconsistant. Some were great (like my six) and some were not.

Also, the wood used for the body wings was also inconsistant. Some were very dark, which made the basses heavy, and some were lighter in color, which made the bass light. I'm sure it would change the tone too. Some looked like they were drying out and needed to be oiled or waxed.

Bottom line; I would not buy one without seeing and playing it first. There's good ones out there, but you got to find 'em.

5. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

May 7, 2002
    Illinois
    I think we're talking about two different basses. The BXP is not a natural finish...the NTB is. I'm more concerned about the playability and quality of the electronics than I am about the appearance.