Peavey Grind NTP(good for slapping?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Sep 30, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I searched the forum about this bass and it everyone seems to love this bass.
    Though there have been a few questions(that where left unanswered) about how good if plays/sounds for slapping.
    do they play much like the cirrus's?(fret size/neck shape ect) There's a guitar store near my house that has a few of those though I havent tried them yet.

Also, Whats the difference between NTP and BXP? In MF they say it's a NTP grind(at $350) but in the grind's they show are BXP and link to stores that have the same price.. Is this just another typo on MusiciansFreinds?
    thanks... again :bassist:
  2. This is a Peavey Grind Bass 4 NTB.

These are the Peavey Grind Bass 4 BXP.

To best answer your questions about playability you should try them out at the store near your home. That way you know what they feel like in your hands.

;) Treena
  3. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I would if they had them. only have the cirrus's atm. *shrugs

Another odd thing I notice, the NTB BXP's are cheaper then the regular BXP's(according to :confused:

thanks again Treena :)
  4. I own the NTB and i can't really say i like it that much at all. I know when i bought it i was excited about it because it had a good sound but i wasn't as concerned with the playability which should have been the first priority. The necks are smaller than the cirrus which is bad for me because i have big hands and the small necks are uncomfortable, and the string spacing is a little too tight for me for slap but these things are what i found from my experience.

i am looking to sell mine at some point or trade it in for something at my local shop.
  5. MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    hmm, I too prefure wide spread strings, that is basicly the only thing keeping me away from getting a 5/6 strings. :meh:
    Guess I will just have to try it out 1st hand and see how I like it. I was kinda hoping it felt like the cirrus's just becuase that would be allot easier to find atm.
    How is it's sounds? can it achive a good crunchy almost jazz bass sound?