Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Grind NTP(good for slapping?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Sep 30, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I searched the forum about this bass and it everyone seems to love this bass.
    Though there have been a few questions(that where left unanswered) about how good if plays/sounds for slapping.
    do they play much like the cirrus's?(fret size/neck shape ect) There's a guitar store near my house that has a few of those though I havent tried them yet.

Also, Whats the difference between NTP and BXP? In MF they say it's a NTP grind(at $350) but in peavey.com the grind's they show are BXP and link to stores that have the same price.. Is this just another typo on MusiciansFreinds?
    thanks... again :bassist:

2. This is a Peavey Grind Bass 4 NTB.

[​IMG]

These are the Peavey Grind Bass 4 BXP.

[​IMG]

To best answer your questions about playability you should try them out at the store near your home. That way you know what they feel like in your hands.

;) Treena

3. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I would if they had them. only have the cirrus's atm. *shrugs

Another odd thing I notice, the NTB BXP's are cheaper then the regular BXP's(according to peavey.com)... :confused:

thanks again Treena :)

4. I own the NTB and i can't really say i like it that much at all. I know when i bought it i was excited about it because it had a good sound but i wasn't as concerned with the playability which should have been the first priority. The necks are smaller than the cirrus which is bad for me because i have big hands and the small necks are uncomfortable, and the string spacing is a little too tight for me for slap but these things are what i found from my experience.

i am looking to sell mine at some point or trade it in for something at my local shop.

5. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    hmm, I too prefure wide spread strings, that is basicly the only thing keeping me away from getting a 5/6 strings. :meh:
    Guess I will just have to try it out 1st hand and see how I like it. I was kinda hoping it felt like the cirrus's just becuase that would be allot easier to find atm.
    How is it's sounds? can it achive a good crunchy almost jazz bass sound?

thanks