Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey grind

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I was wondering if anybody tired these? they seem pretty good for the price they are asking and you seem to get alot of good features anybody? Im thinking of getting one of these or a spector ns2000 6 or grind 6

2. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    also does anybody no if the ns2000q6 have the stiffening rods in the neck? i read in a review that they did but i thought only the american models and not the korean models had them.

3. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    the Peavey Grind bass is a very good bass for the price! i have played one and the feel is good and the action is great!
    :hyper:

peavey cirrus 5
    dean Q6
    cort carbow 5

4. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Thanks hondo. any more opinions on the grind?

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd love to play a grind 6 actually. Theres an advert in UK Guitar Buyer this month and its had me drooling.

6. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Tried a Grind at a music store, albeit not for long. The fret ends were sharp. The neck quite thin for my taste, and the action was just 'wrong'. The B string was like cooked spaghetti. It was not for me. That said, this music store does not do a good job setting up their instrumets, IMHO. So perhaps a good set up could alleviate some of the negatives.

My Bass Instructor liked it for the price. YMMV.