peavey has a build your own cirrus site

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 25, 2004.

1. just go to and theres a link
    heres mine :D
    4-string $1,699.99
    Body Wood Mahogony $120.00
    Top Wood Redwood $200.00
    Color Hand-rubbed oil with gloss finish $30.00
    Fingerboard Ebony $100.00
    Fret Option Fretted $0.00
    Inlay No inlays $0.00
    Hardware Brushed gold $40.00
    Electronics Basic 3-band EQ Passive Tone Circuit *
    U.S. Suggested Retail: $2,189.99

4-string $1,699.99
    Body Wood Walnut $120.00
    Top Wood Wenge $200.00
    Fingerboard Ebony $100.00
    Inlay No inlays $0.00
    Electronics 3-Band EQ with Variable Mid-Range Control $0.00
    U.S. Suggested Retail: $2,189.99
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Here's mine:

Now, I know that they only had about 5 seconds to build it, paint it, take a picture, and upload it to their site, but is it too much to ask to get this string spacing right? Sheesh!
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    5-string $1,899.99
    Body Wood Alder $80.00
    Top Wood Flame Maple $300.00
    Fingerboard Maple $50.00
    Inlay Mother of pearl dots $0.00
    3-Band EQ with Variable Mid-Range Control * $0.00
    * - Options not pictured above. U.S. Suggested Retail:

mine looks the best. of any cirrus i've ever seen... now, to get it built. :p
  5. I noticed this the other day - it's a cool feature.

I'll post 'my Cirrus' when I get some time.
  6. Dynna

Oct 23, 2004
    I did the trans green flame maple top 6 string($2604). Then I noticed it only has 22 frets. I hope they add that option(24) soon.
  7. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    My custom would be a claro walnut 5 string with birdseye maple fretboard and gold hardware.
  8. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I never really liked Cirruses but now I got serious G.A.S/
  9. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Those basses look awesome!! I'm glad to see Peavey is moving in that direction.

Are those "suggested retail" prices accurate, though? I suppose they may be somewhat reasonable for a customized bass, but for 2K you could buy two comparable Carvins.
  10. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yeah the pricing is steep...I'll just keep checking talkbass classifieds until my 5 string claro walnut pops up for sale at a 1/3 of the price.

You KNOW it's going to happen eventually with the GAS freaks here!!!
  11. peavey are releasing a cirrus standard which retails at about $800us for a 5er
    here ..still id prefer the dean brian bromberg :D
  12. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Are these basses as good as some say? When I hear the word "Peavey", I can't get past...well, the past!
  13. just in case i haven't been completely clear, i work for peavey. i try not to be a company man, but it's hard with the cirrus.

well, the difference between carvin and peavey pricing structures is that carvin publishes their direct prices. they also don't build a lot of margin in their "list" prices.

the final purchase price of a custom cirrus is between you and your peavey dealer. from what has been intimated, there is a significant difference between list price and purchase (or retail) price. a cirrus 4 lists around $1,800, but they regularly go for much less than that.

to be correct, it's the cirrus BXP, which is korean-made. there's no "standard" cirrus.

yes, they are that good. but don't take anyone's word for it. the last i checked, it doesn't cost any money to stroll into a peavey dealer and play a bass. find out for yourself if the cirrus is the kind of bass you'd be interested in. i wasn't so into the first one i played, but the one i own is awesome.

14. FigJam stole my bass!!! Ha! I had the same one as him ready to post here. Hey Figjam maybe we are soul brothers...

15. well its like a standard...cheaper components, korean made, no extravigant i call it a standard :D cos it aint custom shop :D

and it would cost me to stroll into a peavey have to go overseas :crying: ...which is very depressing cos i love peavey amps, hello...mark 3...i was fortunate enoght to test a bam210 and i want the head but alas, no peavey dealers down here :scowl: ..meanies :p
  16. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001

Care to share what wood is the "darkwood top" on the Cirrus BXPs?
  17. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    To get a good idea about the price of Cirrus, contact your local Peavey dealer. When I took in some pictures of my ideal bass that I downloaded from the Peavey site, my dealer knocked 25% off that price. So I was looking at roughly $1,700! That is phenomenal for a made to order bass. I was also told that Peavey's delivery can be erratic. They can be late, but they can also be early too. If youo are paying cash, that means you might want to put down a serious down payment if you order one, and you better be saving seriously to be ready for that dream bass.
  18. part of what makes that a good question is that i don't know the answer. the darkwood top on mine appears to be some variant of walnut, but your guess is as good as mine. you'd think they'd call it a walnut top if it were one, though.

i can say that with the satin finish, i'm not very worried about the effect the top/back might have on tone. it sounds great.

19. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    [​IMG] Mine would be this with ebony fignerboard, no fret markers, 4 string fretted.