Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tjalicem, May 23, 2002.

1. Looking for some advise on what a good price would be for a Peavey Series-400 700watt head would be?Saw one listed at $175.00 plus s/h.Is this a deal or should I keep looking? Thanks Much Tom

2. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Dude, we need more info. Usually, Peavey heads have a model number and then a series number.

Based on your quoted price and the series 400 moniker, you are actually probably looking at a Peavey Mark IV, series 400 head. If so, it is NOT a 700 watt head. It is rated 130w@8ohms, 210w@4ohms, 300w@2ohms.

Pros: good power, ddt compression, two channels, so you can dial in two separate sounds.
    Cons: not light, no way to easily switch between channels without a foot switch

3. Sorry for the lack of info. The picture I have doesn't reveal a model number. It does say it is a "Power Module Peavey series-400" It has two speaker outputs that say 2 ohms @ 210 watts and by the powercord it says 700 watts. I'm not sure if that gives you enough info or not? The total price that is being asked is $175.00 plus $40.00 s/h. Sounds ok but not totally sure.