1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Peavey Headliner Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnny2497, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Johnny2497

Johnny2497

Dec 29, 2016
    Im looking to upgrade from the little 112 combo ive been using to a larger rig, and from what ive seen in my price range (which isnt a whole lot) the Peavey Headliner 410 and 115 caught my eye. Has anyone had experience with these? (What they sound like, good for the money, etc).

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    What are your needs, and what is your budget?

3. Johnny2497

Johnny2497

Dec 29, 2016
    Starting to play larger gigs, and budget for both cabs would be 800$ or at least trying to keep it under that

4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    GK is a good cab, and a good bang for the buck. Fender Rumbles also get lot of love here. GK is more of a modern, brighter tone - Fender is more vintage. I don't have any experience with the recent Peavey. I would find a store and see if you can play them.

You say for the cabs - do you have a head?

5. Johnny2497

Johnny2497

Dec 29, 2016
    Yes I have a head, got one from a friend who no longer plays, unfortunately he doesnt have his cabs anymore

6. matty1039

matty1039

Oct 26, 2015
    New Orleans
    I've got the 2x10 that sounds pretty good with the Peavey Minimax head.

You could get 2 Carvin Micro Bass cabs for about $500 and then have some money leftover for pedals. A pre amp or dirt is what I would go with.

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    How is the peavey headliner 115 cab? is it any good?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just picked up a Headliner 112 from a local music store news for $200 out the door with a 3 year warranty. Great sounding cab.

9. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I had a peavey headliner 410 for a while. I liked how it was a sealed cab. but thought the tone of the speakers was horrible. I replaced the speakers in it and it sounded great but could have bought a much better cab with the money I had invested in it. I would go for the rumble 410 for a low cost cab.

10. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    I haven't used a headliner but I did just buy a Rumble 200 with a 15 earlier this week and I am really liking it. I did lots of research and played the few combos I could and decided on the 200.

It's loud enough for me and the bands I play with in small to medium sized bars/clubs and it's light and easy to move around.

My P bass loves playing through it!

A friend of mine has the Rumble 500 with the 2 10s and it also sounds great.

You could pick up a 200 (449.00) and a Rumble 115 extension cab (299.00) (for larger/outdoor gigs) for under 800.

Good luck in your search!

upload_2017-10-13_9-11-8.png

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021