Peavey Import Club (BXP Line and others)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Apr 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Do you own an imported Peavey bass? Do you have a Cirrus BXP or Millennium BXP? This is the club for you!

Post a pic of your imported Peavey Bass, tell us what you like so much about it, and take your number!

2. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I don't own an imported Peavey bass but I sure could see myself buying one of these:

Cirrus BXP 5 Darkwood Finish
    [​IMG]

I played one of these at Guitar Center this past week and was VERY impressed. I couldn't bring myself to pay $650 for it since I only paid $500 for my American made Millennium Plus 5:

Picture024-1.gif
    Picture022-1.gif

3. I'll get my picture up as soon as I figure out how to do it. I love my Grind BXP. What does BXP stand for?

4. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm not sure, but you're #1!

5. Now all the Peavey basses bases are covered :) I just pulled the trigger on another T-40 but will be getting a Zodiac soon. Good luck with the new club :bassist:

Lumdingo likes this.
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Millennium BXP AC 5 owner here.

7. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I always found it tough to upload and post pics here. Open a Photobucket.com account, upload your photos there, and it'll be easy to post pics on TB.

8. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Number please?

9. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Very cool! You're #2.

10. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    And you are #3.

11. I haven't figured out how to put the pictures in the post, but here are attachments.

Attached Files:

12. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Nice!

Go to photobucket.com and open a free account. Upload your pics there and you can insert them right into your posts.

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'll see if I can post a pic tonight. Oh, wait a minute, I may have one showing me playing it..............It's not a great pic it's me playing it.

l_a057a347c7268e518b71f4de58188100.png
    l_6f471495d590b980910145ed58dafe23.png
    l_b7b8bced679bb6a9e3d1adb36e2d36c7.png

14. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Looks like a nice bass - how do you like it?

15. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i've got a millennium BXP-5, can i get a number?

16. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    You're #4. Post a pic when you get a chance!

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I like the playability. I'm not sold on the pre-amp. It could be also I just don't have the right strings on it yet. Right now I have Ken Smiths on it. I've found that it is not an overly 'bright' sounding bass. It could be the covered humbuckers. Most of my basses have single coils with exposed poles. Just a different sound than I'm used to. I'm not a huge fan of humbuckers. I'm gonna try Elixers next.

18. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm going to bet it's the agathis body. Agathis is tonally very similar to mahogany, so you're going to get a warmer tone than an alder or ash body. I've also found the Cirrus soapbars have a "deep" tone.

I might be wrong but you should be able to install a USA Peavey Millennium preamp into that which will give you better overall tone and sweepable mids. Last I heard they're about $75 from Peavey and I'm pretty sure it would be a drop in replacement. You could make it quite bright then!

19. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I like bright tone and I find myself diming the treble on my Millennium AC BXP 4 for the same reason, but then it tends to get hissy and I have to turn off tweeter on my BAM 210.

Funny, to get a better treble response, I have to turn OFF the tweeter.:meh:

My Foundation beats it in the punch and treble department, but the BXP is much more friendly instrument ergonomically.

The best strings I've tried for it were High Beams.

20. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I wonder about this too. Anyone done the USA Millennium preamp upgrade to a BXP? Does it work?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021