1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey IPR and Crest Prolite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjnky1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. bassjnky1

bassjnky1 Supporting Member

I understand that Crest Audio may be owned by the Peavey organization and I've read here that the IPR and the ProLite series amps may share their design. Is this true?
    Is there an advantage of one over the other? I'm trying to decide on the amp I may use in my future pre/amp rig.

2. Yes this is correct. The benefit is the prolite does not need a special bridging cable. It's heavier though.

3. bassjnky1

bassjnky1 Supporting Member

Hey CL400Peavey,
    Since you have spoken up here I have a question that you seem uniquely qualified to answer.
    I know that you use an Art ProChannel II and also roll with the Fdeck HPF. I have considered getting the Art pre to mess with the pre/amp set-up and was wondering how effective the variable HPF is on the Art? I will probably order the Fdeck anyway for my present rigs, but, just wondering about the Art's effectiveness.

4. The hpf on the ART is pretty good, but its not as steep as the fdeck. I don't always use the ART, but the fdeck is always in my signal chain.