Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey jokes

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by iplaybass, Nov 8, 2000.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Heard a good one the other day, talking to a fellow bass player while playing my peavey milestone II through a 225w peavey combo. He listened for a minute and said, "You know, your bass sounds pretty good through that amp. I guess two wrongs really do make a right."

2. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    I dont get it.

3. that was bad dude,
    lets see if i can tell a worse joke to make yours better

whats the diference between an unbalanced washing machine and a peavy combo amp?
    white paint!

whats the best thing about a peavey combo?
    yea i could think of anything either!

~yes these joke were brought to you by henny youngman if he was a bass player

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I have a Peavy amp and I hate the goddamn thing more than life itself.

5. We use Peavey speakers for my drama class. I GUESS they are okay, if you only speak through them and don't yell.

Rock on
    Eric

6. My school seems to use Peavey speakers exclusively.
    Then again, compared to anything else they can buy at that size and in such large quantities here in Hong Kong, they seem to work wonders...

7. outofthere

outofthere

Oct 18, 2000
    I have a Peavey CS-400 Poweramp and it sounds great, plays loud and literally shakes my neighbours roof. If you don't like the tone on your amp get a better preamp because something like a Poweramp is designed to do mainly one thing, amplify (not increase the quality of the signal).

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Y'all just keep right on trashin' Peavey....I'll just keep right on playing through my T-max head and 210txf cabs and sounding better than 90% of the bassists I hear :D (we won't discuss whether or not I PLAY better than them :eek: )

9. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Well I'm a BIG Peavey fan, but I still think these jokes a very funny. Especially the one about the unbalanced washing machine. Too funny!

10. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    what's the best thing to come out of a peavy amp?

the patchcord.

11. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hey, now! =) My school uses a Peavy bass amp, and I find it to be quite a good piece of equipment. It works out just fine for me.

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Never buy a Peavey... they last forever.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's the best one yet!

:D

14. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I used to own a peavey combo. I think it was 130 watts...
    I bought used for like $200. Later on i was need of money, so I sold it to a friend of mine who happens to be a guitar player. And he now uses it as a GUITAR CABINETT! He claims he can get great sounds out of the speaker, and I'm just sorry I sold it. That was five years ago and he's still using it. Im over that, and am now a proud owner of a hartke 350 watts amp with a mesa 2X15 cabinett.

15. uh i say that the only good gear is old gear that youcant tell what it is

16. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    While I agree that these Jokes ARE funny, I do have an irresistable urge to defend MY rig, I am very happy with my MK IV head AND my 2x15 cab, until I have to move the &^$#
    thing. I've rattled a few guitarists too, had one that couldn't hear his Crate while he was sitting on it!

17. Warlock311

Warlock311

Nov 28, 2000
    First of all i just want to say that i'm the owner of a Peavey Milestone III. Second of all I hate that piece of ****. I can't wait till the day i have a Fender of Warwick.

18. Warlock311

Warlock311

Nov 28, 2000
    Fender or Warwick.......my bad

19. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    I, too will have to defend my Peavey Amp. MkVIII Head, 4x10 cab, and hand made 1x10/1x15 cab. Sounds good, and shakes the room. But that's still not going to stop me from getting a Mesa 400+ in a few months :)

20. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Strange, I have one also, and it works fine for me. I haven't had a problem with it being ****ty on me... yet :)